How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation claim in Leytonstone

    If you live in Leytonstone then you may have been thinking about making a compensation claim in Leytonstone because you have, within the last three years, been injured in an accident that was not your fault. If you can prove that the accident was not your fault, you may be able to make an injury claim in Leytonstone.

    Compensation claim in Leytonstone

    Did you realise that you can also make an injury claim in Leytonstone, for example for an illness which you contracted because of someone else’s negligence? For example you may be able to make an compensation claim in Leytonstone against your employer if you have been diagnosed with a work-related illness within the last three years. If you are a tenant and have lived in poor housing conditions for years, despite complaining to your landlord, and have developed a respiratory problem or any other health issue because of your housing conditions, you may also be able to make an injury claim in Leytonstone against your landlord. These are only two examples of illnesses which can be caused by another person’s negligence.

    The claims process

    You need to find a solicitor to represent you who has the expertise and experience you need. He or she should be able to show you testimonials from satisfied clients who had injuries, illnesses or accidents similar to yours. You need on who will work on a no-win, no fee basis as there is no longer any legal aid for personal injury compensation claims; this was abolished in 1995.

    You can discuss your case with your solicitor in the initial appointment, which is usually free. If you have a case to make a claim, the solicitor (if you choose to hire him or her) will write a letter informing the person you are making a claim against that the claims process has begun. Generally the person you believe to be responsible for your accident will be given ninety days in which to respond. However if your case is urgent, for example if you are living in very poor conditions and the claim is against your landlord, he or she will be given less time in which to reply.

    Your solicitor will need various documents from you including your medical report. He or she will consult the Judicial College’s guidelines (formerly the Judicial Studies Board guidelines) and do some research into the amounts of compensation which have been awarded for similar cases to yours in the recent past. If you receive an offer of compensation, your solicitor will then be in a position to advise you to accept or reject an offer if it is unreasonably low. You may have to take your claim to court, which will take years rather than months.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Accident Advice Helpline

    If you need expert legal advice about a possible personal injury compensation claim, then you should contact us at Accident Advice Helpline. Call one of our freephone numbers at any time. From a landline call 0800 689 0500 or from a mobile, call 0333 500 0993. Why not call right now?

    Date Published: 10th October 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.