Compensation claim in Huntingdon


You could be considering making a compensation claim in Huntingdon if you were injured in an accident that was not your fault in the past three years. You could also be entitled to make a compensation claim in Huntingdon if you were diagnosed with an illness in the last three years which you can prove was a result of another person’s negligence.

Compensation claim in Huntingdon

You generally have three years to file a compensation claim in Huntingdon, or one based anywhere else in the country for that matter. However, it is usually best to file a compensation claim in Huntingdon or elsewhere as soon as possible for several reasons.

1 If you have been injured in an accident, then if you file a claim quickly, the details will still be fresh in your mind.

2 You may have to wait years for an injury claim in Huntingdon or elsewhere to be settled if it goes to court. The longer you wait before filing a claim, the more financial difficulties you could have.

3 Your solicitor will need time to build a case, so from your first visit to the solicitor, it might take months before he or she can establish beyond a doubt that your accident or injury was caused by another person’s negligence.

4 It takes time to provide your solicitor with all the documentation he or she needs to build a case. You need to provide your medical report and your doctor’s prognosis about your recovery. You also will need to provide evidence of loss of earnings if you are claiming these. You may be asked not only for pay slips but also for bank statements and so on.

Accidents in a public place

A public place could be indoors or out, and is generally speaking any place which is open to the general public. This could be a supermarket, park, street, or library and so on.

If you tripped over a step which was not clearly marked, or tripped on the street because there was a piece of broken paving stone, then you could be eligible to claim compensation from the owner of the premises or your local authority. Your local authority is responsible for the maintenance of roads and pavements, so if a paving slab was not repaired you could make an injury claim in Huntingdon, for example, against it.

Local authorities have budgets for personal injury compensation claims, and owners of premises have public liability insurance which covers such claims.

If you are able to take photographs of the scene of your accident and your injuries, this could be used as supporting evidence for your claim.

Accident Advice Helpline

If you need expert advice about making any type of personal injury compensation claim, contact us at Accident Advice Helpline. Call the freephone numbers at any time from a landline on 0800 689 0500.

  • Was this Helpful ?
  • Yes   No

How much you could claim?

Two QUICK ways to find:
  1. Call us at 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile OR
  2. Use our Claim Calculator

Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

Claim Calculator
Find out in 30 seconds how much YOU could claim...
  • Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Terms and Conditions*Required

Can I Claim?

Esther says "The law states that if you’ve been injured and someone else is to blame, you are entitled to compensation." Read more >

Claim Calculator ► Accident Types ►

How Much Could I Claim?

It only takes 30 seconds to find out how much compensation you could receive. Take the 30 second test now.>

30 Second test ► Claim Form ►

Why Choose Us?

"When they say they are 100% no-win, no-fee*, they mean it. I would recommend Accident Advice Helpline to anybody." Read more >

No-Win, No-Fee*? ► Testimonials ►

Claim Now

"They were ever so professional ... they knew exactly what I was going through ... I received over £4500." Read more >

Claim Form ► Call Me Back ►
Is there anything wrong with this page? ( Help us Improve )