How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation claim in Haddington

    Personal Injury Solicitors in Haddington

    Perhaps you live in Haddington and are thinking about filing an injury claim in Haddington because you were involved in an accident that was not your fault. However, you may not be aware that you can make an injury claim in Haddington for an illness that was caused by another person’s negligence too. Whichever the case, you usually have three years, from the date of the accident or the first diagnosis of an illness in which to make a personal injury compensation claim.

    Compensation claim in Haddington

    You can make a compensation claim in Haddington, or one based anywhere else in the UK as long as you and your solicitor can prove that your accident or illness was the result of another person’s negligence. You will need to find a solicitor with the necessary expertise in winning personal injury compensation for clients who have had the same kind of accident or illness as you. Just as there are doctors who specialise in a particular area of medicine, so it is with accident solicitors. If you had a road traffic accident, you wouldn’t find hiring a solicitor who specialised in accidents on holidays abroad the best person to represent you.

    Accidents on foreign holidays

    If you have an accident while on holiday in the UK, making a compensation claim in Haddington, for example, is easy. If you booked a package holiday with a UK tour operator, then you could make a claim against the company if you had an accident while on holiday abroad which you could prove was the result of negligence on the part of one of the UK tour operator’s representatives; for example the owner of the hotel, the holiday representative and so on.

    If, for example, you tripped and fell on a piece of broken paving in the hotel grounds, then you could make an injury claim as long as there were no hazard signs in place warning you of the danger.

    You could also claim if you had food poisoning and had to receive medical treatment after eating at the hotel restaurant.

    Open Claim Calculator

    If, however, you tripped and fell in the town and not in the hotel or its grounds, making a claim is more difficult as you would need to make the claim under the laws of the foreign country and would need a solicitor who had connections with that country (perhaps a firm of solicitors with an office in it). Similarly if you had food poisoning after eating at a local restaurant and not at the hotel, the claim could not be made against the UK tour operator.

    Accident Advice Helpline is here to help you

    If you believe you have grounds for making a personal injury compensation claim or an injury claim in Haddington, for example, contact us at Accident Advice Helpline. We are a law firm that has been in this business for more than a 16 years. Visit our website or call us on one of our numbers at any time, any day of the year, to talk about your compensation claim in Haddington. Call 0800 689 0500 from a landline or from a mobile call 0333 500 0993. For expert legal advice, call now.

    Date Published: 10th October 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.