How to claim compensation in Cambuslang
To get compensation in Cambuslang after being injured in an accident that wasn’t your fault you will need the services of an injury lawyer. We can help you with this, but before you file your claim there are some things that you should do to maximise the chances of making a successful claim.
Making a successful claim
- The first thing you should do is write an account of your accident to help you remember all those little details – you never know what may be useful.
- Taking pictures at the scene of your accident has been made easier now everyone has a smart phone, but at the time you may have had other things on your mind than getting all David Bailey. But if you still have visible injuries, take pictures of them now.
- If you haven’t yet received medical attention for your injuries, go and see your GP; make sure you tell him about the psychological impact your accident has had, or if it has caused you to feel anxious or stressed, as the psychological effects will form part of your claim.
- Before you go any further now might be a good time to check whether or not you are eligible to claim compensation: personal injury compensation is available to people who have suffered an injury in an accident that wasn’t their fault. To check your eligibility by calling our helpline on 0800 689 0500.
- If you are eligible for a compensation payment make sure you keep track of what your accident is costing you financially; you can claim back money spent on things like travel expenses, private medical treatment and child care, so make sure you keep a note of your expenses and keep supporting evidence such as receipts and bank/ credit card statements.
- If applicable, report your accident to any relevant authority. Depending on the circumstances of your accident this could be the police, your employer, a business or your local council.
- Now wait until the full impact of your accident is known before filing your claim; you can only claim once! If you broke a limb, for example, and it’s now healed and you are back at work, go ahead and claim. If your injury is a little more complex, such as recurring back pain wait until you are sure you have made a full recovery. You have three years from the date of your accident before you have to file your claim for compensation in Cambuslang for your injury.
Now you have your pictures, receipts etc. and you have made a full recovery you are ready to claim. To get your compensation we recommend that use a lawyer who specialises in personal injury law, to ensure that you get the maximum amount of compensation possible. Since you cannot get legal aid for a personal injury claim, you may wish to think about employing a lawyer who will work under a no win no fee contract.
If you would like more information about the no win no fee agreement, or additional advice about claiming your compensation in Cambuslang please call our helpline on 0800 689 0500.
Date Published: 3rd August 2014
Author: David Brown