How to claim compensation in Broxburn
Claiming compensation in Broxburn following an accident isn’t as stressful as you might think. At Accident Advice Helpline – one of the country’s leading injury law firms – we have everything in place to get your claim through the system as quickly as possible: from the moment you call us until the moment that you get your money. Yes, we are confident that your claim is in the safest possible hands.
Can you claim?
First, you need to check that you are entitled to compensation! You can claim compensation providing that the injury or illness you are claiming for was caused by someone else’s negligence. So, for example, you can claim compensation in Broxburn following:
- An accident at work caused by faulty machinery or a breach in health and safety regulations.
- An accident in a public place, shop or leisure facility; such as a trip slip or fall caused by uneven paving.
- An accident on the road caused by inoperative traffic lights, an obstruction on the road, a poor road surface or a careless driver.
- An illness or injury caused by an industrial accident.
- An accident at home caused by a faulty product, appliance or service.
However you came by your injury (or illness), if someone else was responsible then you can probably claim compensation.
You can claim personal injury compensation for any injury or illness, physical or psychological. You have three years in which to file your claim.
You probably have a fair idea of whether you can claim or not, but to confirm this please call our helpline on 0800 689 0500.
So you can claim compensation in Broxburn, what do you need to do now? Well, you will need a lawyer to take your claim through the necessary legal hoops – we can provide you with an injury lawyer who will do just that and who will work for you under a no win no fee contract, so there will be no need to worry about finding the cash to pay your legal fees upfront. But before you claim there are several things that you can do to give your claim a flying start:
- Write an account of your accident so that you can give your solicitor a clear overview of what happened.
- Take picture of any visible injuries and if possible, the scene of your accident – if yours was a car accident you should also take a photo of the damage to your vehicle.
- Make a note of any costs that arose from your injury – such as travel expenses, childcare or the cost of private medical treatment and keep hold of any receipts and bank statements that proves these expenses.
When you are ready to claim please call our helpline on 0800 689 0500 and one of our advisers will talk you through the next stage of the process.