As a worker, you spend a lot of your time at your place of work. Your employer is required to provide a safe working environment. They are also required to take out insurance to cover them in case an employee gets injured. If you get injured in one of the common accidents in the workplace in Sevenoaks due to the negligence of your employer, co-worker or materials and equipment, you may be able to make a claim for compensation.
Employers and business owners should make sure that their employees are properly trained and have the necessary protection to undertake certain jobs. They should also carry our risk management to prevent or reduce accidents and injuries to their employees.
Common accidents in the workplace in Sevenoaks that can cause serious injuries
- Repetitive motion. Doing a certain task repeatedly without change or rest, can strain muscles and tendons causing back pain, wrist pain and carpal tunnel syndrome. Such tasks include typing and using the computer for long periods
- Overexertion. Injuries from overexertion are caused when handling a weight manually. This includes pulling, lifting, pushing, carrying and throwing activities at work. This type of injury occurs regularly in the workplace as most workers don’t perceive the dangers associated with poor handling techniques
- Highway incidents. These are vehicle accidents that involve transportation used for work or business purposes
- Caught in or crushed by incidents. These are accidents that occur in factories where large and dangerous machinery is used. If moving parts are not guarded correctly, the use of such machines may endanger the safety of operators. The devastating results can include amputations and internal injuries.
- Slip and fall accidents. This pertains to falls on slippery and wet surfaces. It may also involve falling from a height.
- Collision accidents. This happens when a person is hit by a falling or fast moving object which could be a piece of machinery.
Accident Advice Helpline
If you need help with compensation for common accidents in the workplace in Sevenoaks, our personal injury solicitors are always ready and willing to help you. They are sympathetic and will have a good understanding of the situation that you are going through. Our dedication to client care has been rated by professionals from every sector including TV personality and consumer champion, Dame Esther Rantzen.
Get in touch with us and we shall help you get started with your claim. Dial 0800 689 0500 free from your landline, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone to talk to one of our legal advisors. Act now by calling us.
Date Published: 13th November 2015
Author: David Brown