What you need to know about claiming after a car accident in Colwyn Bay
You could make a personal injury claim after a car accident in Colwyn Bay if:
- The accident happened within the last three years
- You were not to blame, but another party was
- You sustained one or more injuries which needed treatment by a medical professional.
Compensation is usually paid by the insurance company of the party responsible. If the accident was relatively straightforward, there are fast track arrangements to speed up payment of money to innocent accident victims, so it may be a relatively quick process.
FAQs after a car accident in Colwyn Bay
Can you make a claim even if the party responsible for my car accident in Colwyn Bay was uninsured or cannot be identified?
It may still be possible to make a claim after a car accident in Colwyn Bay in these circumstances. All insurance companies in the UK are legally required to pay into a central fund, which helps with compensation payments for accidents caused by uninsured or unidentified drivers. Speak to us here at Accident Advice Helpline to find out more.
What kind of level of compensation could I receive after a car accident in Colwyn Bay?
The payment will vary from accident to accident, as it depends not only on the severity of your injuries, but also how they have affected your day to day life. Normally, you can expect to receive:
- A sum of money for the injuries themselves. The Judicial Studies Board has laid down guideline amounts for each particular type of injury, from a broken leg to a lost eye or limb.
- Money to compensate for loss of earnings, if applicable. Loss of future earnings is also taken into account if you are unable to return to work in the foreseeable future.
- Money to reimburse some or all of the costs of your car accident, from prescription charges to transport costs, childcare and help around the home.
How to get started with a claim through Accident Advice Helpline
While you are here on the Accident Advice Helpline website, have a browse through at the many posts and reviews. You will find some useful information about accidents and injuries similar to yours. You may also want to take our 30-second test to get an estimate of how much compensation you could be awarded.
If you need further help or guidance you can call our national helpline and have an informal chat to one of our friendly advisors. The numbers to call are 0800 689 0500 if calling from a landline, or 0333 500 0993 if calling from a mobile.
Call us today to find out more about making a no-win, no-fee claim for personal injury compensation.