How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Claims using Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority

    The Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority, known as CICA, comes under the auspices of the Ministry of Justice. Its remit is to consider claims using Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority for compensation awards for victims of violent crime, who have been mentally or physically injured as a result. You will find the CICA page on the MoJ website. Sometimes you will see CICA referred to as the Criminal Injuries Compensation Board.

    How to make claims using Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority

    First it is necessary to take the eligibility check.

    The victim must lodge the claim within two years of the incident.

    The victim must have reported the attack to the police, even if the attacker has not been convicted of a crime, the victim has to submit the police report as part of the evidence.

    The minimum qualifying amount is £1000. Harsh as it sounds, the victim’s injuries must have been serious enough to qualify for that amount. It hardly needs to be said,  a medical report is also required.

    Open Claim Calculator

    To start a claim, you must download the claim form from the web site. You will be required to provide evidence to prove the liability of the person who attacked and inflicted the injuries. The Injuries Compensation Authority could request more evidence if they need it, and there is a help line if you have questions or want someone to talk you through the claim.

    Don’t feel up to making claims using the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority?

    If you are not confident, fit or expert enough to think about doing something like this, you may seek help. Legal work is specialised and detailed. It may be that your claim was rejected. You could seek the help of specialists whose business is non-fault personal injury compensation, like Accident Advice Helpline. Possibly that’s why you’re on our site now.

    We’ve been helping non-fault accident victims win the compensation they need since the year 2000 and we may be able to help you with yours. Every year we pay out in the region of £30 million to victims of non-fault accident injuries. We receive around 25, 000 calls every month, so there aren’t many questions about accident injury that we don’t know about. You can discuss your case with one of our friendly professional advisers.

    Call our team on 0800 689 0500 or from 0333 500 0993 using your mobile.  Your call will be treated in confidence and there’s no obligation to go ahead. All our solicitors work on a no win, no fee basis and you won’t have to pay any money up front. Do it now. Start to make your claims using Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority today.

    Date Published: 5th September 2013

    Author: ffross

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.