Claims specialists in Radcliffe on Trent


Claims specialists in Radcliffe on Trent and crimes against those under 18

If you are in the unfortunate position of having been abused as a child, or you know of a child that is being abused, you should immediately inform the police.  Depraved people need stopping, and the child needs to be taken care of.  The law says that if anyone is injured because of the actions of someone else, the guilty party should compensate the victim.  This includes the physical and sexual abuse of children.

If the child is under 18 when the abuse is discovered, a parent should make a compensation claim on their behalf.  The law would probably insist on the compensation being put into a trust fund for when they are older, but they should still have what they are entitled to.

The Criminal Injury Compensation Scheme and claims specialists in Radcliffe on Trent

The Criminal Injury Compensation Scheme (CICS) is funded by the government to compensate the victims of violent crime and abuse.  The Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) administers it.

If you were physically or sexually abused as a child, you should talk to the compassionate advisors at Accident Advice Helpline.  They and claims specialists in Radcliffe on Trent, will talk to you in confidence, and take the stress out of making your claim.

What to do if you were under 18 at the time of the incident

If you were abused as a child, and no one made a personal injury compensation claim on your behalf at the time, you should discuss the matter with the claims specialists in Radcliffe on Trent to find out if you are still within the specified time limits.

The CICA recognises that children cannot always report the abuse they have suffered until they are older and therefore special rules apply:

  • If the incident or period of abuse took place before you turned 18, but was not reported to the police at the time, they will consider your claim if it is made within two years of the date it was reported to the police.
  • If you were under 18, it is better if someone applies on your behalf as soon as possible.  This is because it will be easier to prove the crime sooner rather than later.
  • If the incident or period of abuse was reported to the police before you were 18, but a claim was not made on your behalf, they will accept a claim from you providing you make it before you turn 20.

All types of violent crimes against children are covered by these rules.

Making your claim for criminal injuries compensation

Accident Advice Helpline will help make your criminal injury compensation claim.  The rules and regulations are complex, as they should be, to ensure that only true victims are compensated.  But if you have a genuine claim, the CICA are sympathetic and together with Accident Advice Helpline, your case will be dealt with quickly and efficiently.

The advisors on our freephone number 0800 689 0500 are friendly and compassionate, and you can speak to them in complete confidence about your experience.  Have a chat with one of them and if you decide you want to proceed, they will start your Injury claim for you.

  • Was this Helpful ?
  • Yes   No

How much you could claim?

Two QUICK ways to find:
  1. Call us at 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile OR
  2. Use our Claim Calculator

Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

Claim Calculator
Find out in 30 seconds how much YOU could claim...
  • Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Terms and Conditions*Required

Can I Claim?

Esther says "The law states that if you’ve been injured and someone else is to blame, you are entitled to compensation." Read more >

Claim Calculator ► Accident Types ►

How Much Could I Claim?

It only takes 30 seconds to find out how much compensation you could receive. Take the 30 second test now.>

30 Second test ► Claim Form ►

Why Choose Us?

"When they say they are 100% no-win, no-fee*, they mean it. I would recommend Accident Advice Helpline to anybody." Read more >

No-Win, No-Fee*? ► Testimonials ►

Claim Now

"They were ever so professional ... they knew exactly what I was going through ... I received over £4500." Read more >

Claim Form ► Call Me Back ►
Is there anything wrong with this page? ( Help us Improve )