If you want to start claiming for injuries in Hertsmere for an accident at work claim, a Denbigh road traffic accident claim or a Glasgow fall claim, the same rules apply to them all:
- Someone else must have been to blame for the accident
- You must have been injured in the accident
- Your injuries must have needed medical attention
- The accident must have happened within the last three years
All of these rules must be in place for an injury compensation claim to be made, although there are some allowed adjustments to the three year rule.
Claiming for injuries in Hertsmere
There are a few alterations to the three year rule under certain circumstances, these are:
- If your accident took place on a ship or a plane, the time limit is reduced to two years.
- If your claim is because of injuries sustained in a criminal assault, the time limit is reduced to two years.
- If your claim is because of an industrial illness or condition, the time limit is three years from the date of diagnosis. This is because some of these illnesses can take many years to develop.
- If your claim is a fatal injury claim because of the loss of a loved one, you have three years from the date of death of the victim, as long as that is no more than three years after the date of the accident that caused their death.
- In the case of the three year time limits, if you were a minor at the time of the incident, it is best if your parents or guardians make a claim on your behalf at the time. But if no one did, the three year clock starts ticking on your 18th birthday and runs out the day before you are 21.
- In the case of the two year time limit, the same as above applies, but your times runs out the day before your 20th birthday instead.
Out of the rules for making a claim, the time limits is the only one with variation attached, your situation has to match the others exactly to be able to start claiming for injuries in Hertsmere.
Accident Advice Helpline
The easy way to make any sort of personal injury claim is to let a specialist law firm do it for you – Accident Advice Helpline. It is all we have done for the last 15 years, and experience gained over that time cannot be replaced. It has allowed us to make the process simple, fast and efficient so that you are not caused any stress by making your claim.
As we do not want any money from you to start the work, that is something else you need not worry about. We will not want any if your claim is lost either, as the no win no fee agreement takes care of it all.
Call freephone 0800 689 0500 from a landline or dial 0333 500 0993 from your mobile today!
Date Published: 22nd September 2014