If you had an accident at work and got injured, would you know what to do? We can help if you’re thinking about claiming for accident expenses in Windsor and Maidenhead.
When something untoward occurs at work, there are usually people around. Whether you work in an office or on a building site, there will probably be others who can rush to help you.
Later, there will be someone else who can help you: an accident lawyer. More about this in a little while. For now, we’ll concentrate on what to do immediately after you have your accident.
First things first: First aid
If you’re in one of the environments mentioned above, there are probably some trained first-aiders on site. They can help you immediately, so make sure someone gets one of them to attend to you.
You may need to go to a hospital, in which case, an ambulance can be called or someone can take you, depending on the severity of your injury.
At the very least, you should see your GP as soon as possible after the accident – later that day, preferably. This will help you to claim the maximum accident expenses in Windsor and Maidenhead.
What to do next when claiming for accident expenses in Windsor and Maidenhead
Before you get to the stage of calling an accident lawyer, you will have some procedures to follow at work – and these are essential.
1) Report the accident to your manager. This may happen immediately, especially if your supervisor is nearby.
2) Report it to your first aid representative, too. Again, this is something that might happen “at the scene”, if your first aid rep is the one who helps you.
3) Have your accident recorded in the accident book. Your manager will probably do this as a matter of course. Do ensure you read the entry carefully, and only sign it if you’re satisfied with its accuracy.
4) Fill in a questionnaire. This will be provided by your manager – it’s the “workplace accident questionnaire”. Put as much detail into this as you can.
5) When your manager is investigating your accident, help them as much as you can. They will be writing a report, so again, you need to ensure that it is accurate.
Contact an accident lawyer
At some point, quite soon after the accident, you should make a phone call to Accident Advice Helpline so that you can begin a claim against your employer. If you win your case, you will be awarded a payment of compensation.
Dial 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile, and you can talk to an advisor about what happened to you. If you’re eligible to claim, they will pass your details to a no-win, no-fee* accident lawyer in Windsor and Maidenhead on our legal team.
Alternatively, text “claim365” to 88010 and someone will call you back.
You can call us whenever you like, by the way – our hotline is open 24/7, and has an out of hours answering service. Leave a message and someone will be in touch if you’re thinking about claiming for accident expenses in Windsor and Maidenhead.