Where there’s blame, there’s a claim was an advertising slogan used many years ago by a now defunct personal injury management company. But it is still sometimes quoted today, as more than being an advertising slogan, it is actually true if a couple of other rules apply. If someone else was to blame for your accident and your injuries needed medical treatment, as long as the accident happened no more than three years ago, claiming compensation in Wolverhampton is possible.
Blaming someone for your accident and claiming compensation in Wolverhampton
The first thing you have to be sure of is that someone else was to blame for your accident. In some situations, it is very clear who was at fault, some people will even admit they were to blame. But there are many others that are not so clear-cut, and then you have to prove your claim. This can only be done by producing as much evidence as possible, such things as:
- If you are able to take photos of the accident scene, these could prove useful. Most mobile phones have a camera facility, which is probably the easiest way to achieve these.
- If there were any witnesses to the accident, see if they are prepared to make a statement and if they are take their contact details.
- Depending what type of accident you were involved in, either the police, Health and Safety Executive, Foods Standards Agency, Trading Standards Officers or some other official body could be involved. They all have to produce reports about the accident and these can be vital when you are claiming compensation in Wolverhampton.
- Medical reports to prove your injuries will be needed, and some claimants have to attend a separate medical assessment as well.
- If you have had to pay out extra expenses, keep the receipts to prove you have had to pay them.
- If you have lost income because of the accident, it can be reclaimed, but you will need wage slips, confirmation from your employer, or from your accountant of the amount of the reduction.
- Anything else you think might strengthen your personal injury claims in Wolverhampton, no matter how trivial it may seem.
All of this information will be used to build your claim for compensation, so the more evidence you can gather, the better.
Contacting the professional experts at Accident Advice Helpline
The next thing to do is to contact the specialist law firm, Accident Advice Helpline. We have over 14 years’ experience of making claims, and have made the processes simple and efficient. Using our services will make your claim as stress free as it is possible to, as you will have suffered enough trauma from the accident, we do not want you to suffer any more.
You can contact us through one of our online options or by calling our freephone helpline number 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone.Open Claim Calculator