How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Claiming compensation in Kirkby in Ashfield

    Unfortunately violent crimes can happen every where in the UK, and they can happen at any time. If you are an unlucky innocent victim of a violent crime, in which you suffered injuries that needed medical treatment, then please contact us so we can help you with claiming compensation in Kirkby in Ashfield.

    Claiming compensation in Kirkby in Ashfield

    For innocent victims of a violent crime, the place to go is The Criminal Injury Compensation Scheme.

    Funded by the government, this scheme is in place to recognise that although no money can ever fix what you are going through, they believe that you deserve to get compensation and it is meant as public recognition for the stress and trauma that you have suffered.

    A criminal record may stop the solicitors from being able to help

    If you have any type of criminal record, then this can affect the amount of compensation that you might be awarded for a criminal injury claim, even if you were the innocent victim of your injury and this terrible crime.

    There is a penalty points system in place for such cases which awards points from 1 to 10, each point being worth a 10% reduction in your criminal injury claim, down to receiving nil.

    Open Claim Calculator

    You need to report the incident to the police before you make a claim using solicitors

    You need to report the crime to the police, as soon as possible, before you begin to make your injury claim. Not only does this give you the best chance of the police catching your attacker, it will also come in handy for your claim.

    The CICA will not accept a claim for a crime that has not been reported to the police.

    You then have two years to make your compensation claim, unless you were under 18 at the time of the incident when special rules apply.

    The solicitors in Kirkby-in-Ahsfield at Accident Advice Helpline may be able to arrange payment for other things

    There are other thing that your solicitors can claim for in your injury compensation claim. Not only will they want to know about your injury, but they will want to know how your injury is affecting your life. For the other costs, you will need to provide proof of what you are claiming for. Other things such as:

    • Special expenses payments where the item is not obtainable free of charge from any other source
    • Bereavement payments
    • Child payments
    • Dependency payments
    • Funeral expenses
    • Probate expenses
    • Loss of earnings

    Accident Advice Helpline have a host of experts to ensure that everything goes smoothly with your criminal injury claim. They have over 14 years experience in dealing with cases like yours and have the experience and knowledge to keep the whole process as stress free as possible.

    We operate on a No Win No Fee basis, so you have nothing to lose, and may have a lot to gain, by phoning our freephone number on: 0800 689 0500.

    Alternatively you could try our 30-second calculator that will give you an estimatde idea of how much you may be awarded. Get in touch today for help with claiming compensation in Kirkby in Ashfield. 

    Date Published: 21st April 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.