Claiming Compensation in Deal
All UK employers have a legal duty to protect the welfare, health and safety of their employees while they are in the workplace. They should follow health and safety guidelines laid down by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and can face prosecution, as well as personal injury claims if they do not. There are rules specific to differing trades, but some of the more general ones are:
- Ensuring the employee have enough space to work without excessive twisting and turning
- Making sure all plant and equipment is in good working order and has any required safety guards fitted
- Training staff properly to use any plant and equipment
- Ensuring staff use the safety guards at all times
- Keeping all walkways free from spillages and obstructions
- Making sure employees take proper breaks
- Provide, free of charge, any protective clothing or equipment that staff need to do their job safely
- Have regular fire drills
- Have a health and safety policy, make sure all staff know its contents and implement its rules
- Have procedures in place in case of an emergency situation
- Carry out risk assessments and act upon their findings
- Keep a record of all accidents no matter how minor
- Report serious accident to the Health and Safety executive (HSE)
If an employee is injured because of their employer’s negligence, the employee would be entitled to make a personal injury claim and might want help of claiming compensation in Deal
Warn employees to be on their guard as well
Working safely together is a two-way thing and employees need to play their part in keeping safe as well. They should:
- Wear any protective clothing provided
- Not use plant and equipment that does not have safety guards in place
- Not do anything that would put a work colleague at risk
- Take the proper breaks
Insurance would settle the claim
Each year at renewal, the insurance company provides a certificate of employers liability insurance, which the employer should really put on display for all employers to see. Employers have to keep these certificates for 40 years.
Claiming compensation in Deal using Accident Advice Helpline
If you’re claiming compensation in Deal, we can represent you and your claim. This is because we are a national firm that works across the whole of the UK. So if you need help claiming compensation in Deal, then look no further than our expert service.
Accident Advice Helpline has been dealing with personal injury compensation claims for over 13 years and for 10 of those years, Esther Rantzen has been our patron. Esther recommends our services because she knows we will deliver what we promise, the highest quality customer service possible. She recognises how many thousands we have already helped get the compensation they were due.
You can complete our 30-seond test on line. This will give you some guidance as to the amount of compensation you may be awarded, or you could phone our helpline on 0(00 689 0500 or from your mobile on 0333 500 0993 and speak to one of our friendly advisors for all the help and support you will need.
Date Published: 9th December 2013
Author: David Brown