How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Claiming compensation in Cambridgeshire

    What you should do before you start claiming compensation in Cambridgeshire

    No one knows when they are going to be injured in an accident, so it can be difficult to make sure that you are fully armed with all the information you need to start claiming compensation in Cambridgeshire. However, reading the information contained in this article can be useful whether you have had an accident or not.

    Remain calm

    No matter what type of accident you have been involved in, or the extent of the injuries that have been sustained, it is important that you remain calm.

    Stressing out and panicking is never of any benefit to anyone, and can actually be a huge hindrance. By remaining calm you will be able to think clearly, and listen to any information that is given to you.

    Get medical assistance

    The first thing you ought to do is seek medical assistance after an accident. If you are not seriously wounded you may find that it is better to go to your own GP or attend A&E under your own steam rather than go in an Ambulance. This is entirely up to you and will depend on the exact situation you find yourself in.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Report it

    No matter what your first steps after an accident it is important that you report what happened as soon as possible. If you have been involved in a road traffic accident then the police should be called to the scene and this will be considered a report.

    If you have been injured in an accident at work you need to make someone aware of it as soon as possible. Even if an official report is not made immediately because you have to go to hospital, your manager or the person in charge of the area you work in should know that something has happened. A page in the Accident Report Book should be completed as soon as practical after this.

    Record it

    As time goes on after your accident it is important that you keep records of anything that happens. Whether it’s the amount of pain you are in, something you have not been able to do because of your accident or even trips or payments you have had to make because of your accident it should all be noted. Keep any receipts for payments and you may be able to claim these back.

    Find out more

    To find out more about claiming compensation in Cambridgeshire contact Accident Advice Helpline today. You can call 0800 689 0500 from a landline or if you are calling from a mobile do so on 0333 500 0993.

    Date Published: 8th June 2015

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.