As a personal injury law firm, our main aim here at Accident Advice Helpline is to provide assistance when somebody needs to make a claim for compensation due to injuries that they may have suffered. On this page, we are going to walk you through the process of claiming after a car crash in Abercynon.
Determining whether you have a valid compensation claim
One of the first steps that we will take here at Accident Advice Helpline will be to determine whether you have grounds to actually be claiming after a car crash in Abercynon. Just because you have been injured, it does not necessarily mean that you are entitled to compensation. Under UK law, your case will need to meet the following three guidelines:
- The accident must have occurred within the last three years. There is a small exception to this rule if it is a child making a claim for compensation.
- You must have been injured. Yes, you can claim compensation if no injury occurred i.e. for damage to your vehicle. However, Accident Advice Helpline is a personal injury law firm. We will, unfortunately, be unable to help you in those situations.
- The accident must have been the fault of another person. You can’t claim compensation if you were the person at fault for the accident.
Claiming after a car crash in Abercynon through Accident Advice Helpline
If you have valid grounds for a compensation claim, you can get in touch with us. Our experienced team of advisors are standing by to take your call. We will listen to the details of your case and provide advice with regards to the best way in which to proceed with it. You are under no obligation to go ahead with your claim at this stage if you do not wish to do so.
If you wish to go ahead with your compensation claim, we will ask you for evidence to support your claim. In an ideal world, you will supply the following:
- Medical report. This is the only piece of evidence which is vital. If you have not seen a doctor following your accident, you can’t make a claim.
- Police report
- Witness details
- Videos and photographs of the accident scene.
- Details of any financial losses. This information is needed to assess the value of your compensation claim.
After this, we will get to work on your claim. In most cases, we will be able to deal with your claim over the telephone. You can just sit back, relax, and wait for us to give you updates on your case.
Contact Accident Advice Helpline to discuss your claim
If you want to know more about claiming after a car crash in Abercynon call Accident Advice Helpline today on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 if you are calling from a mobile.