How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Claiming after a car accident in Oxfordshire

    Personal Injury Solicitors in Oxfordshire

    If you find yourself wanting to start claiming after a car accident in Oxfordshire you may be left wondering what you need to do to start the process.  Thankfully the team at Accident Advice Helpline know all there is to know about claiming and are on hand to provide you with help and advice throughout the entire process.

    Top tips for claiming after a car accident in Oxfordshire

    The first thing you ought to do after you have been involved in an accident is seek medical attention.  If you do not feel that you are seriously injured then perhaps this does not need to be at the scene via a paramedic, but will instead wait until you are able to see your usual GP.

    The next thing you should do is report the incident to someone.  Who you speak to will depend largely on where the accident occurred. For example, if your accident took place at work then you are likely to report it to your manger, supervisor or even the head of Health and Safety. However, if you have been injured on the roads then you are legally bound to report the matter to the police.

    You should also gather as much as evidence as possible, whether this is at the scene or afterwards. Don’t be afraid to take photographs, and make sure that you get the contact details of anyone who may be able to act as a witness for what happened.  If you report the matter to the police they will compile their own report of what happened and you can provide this to your solicitor once your claim is started.

    The record keeping does not stop at the scene however.  If you have to take time off from work then make sure you keep a note of the dates and a record of the reason as to why you had to be absent.  This way any time off that was not paid can be compensated for as part of your claim. You can also be reimbursed for any expenses you have had to cover such as travel to appointments or prescription charges if these relate to your injury directly.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Speak to Accident Advice Helpline today

    If you want more advice on making a claim speak to the team at Accident Advice Helpline today. You can phone through to us on either 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile. Our team will be able to give you free, no obligation advice on moving forward with a claim.

    Date Published: 26th August 2015

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.