If you have been injured in a workplace accident, you may be a bit apprehensive about making a claim. A lot of people worry about upsetting their employer by making a claim against them. However, if you have been injured, and your employer has not upheld their legal responsibility to provide a safe and healthy working environment, then they will recognise that you need to be compensation and they will have insurance in place to cover the costs. Keeping that in mind, read on to discover everything you need to know about claiming after an accident at work in Tonbridge and Malling.
Claiming after an accident at work in Tonbridge and Malling
The first thing you always need to do is determine whether you have the basis for a claim. To do this, you need to ask yourself three key questions. These are as follows:
- Who caused the accident?
- When did the incident happen?
- Have you seen a doctor for your injuries?
The most important thing is being able to establish that your employer is to blame for the incident. You certainly will not be able to secure compensation if you have caused the accident. Aside from this, it is vital that the incident occurred within the past three years, as this is the time limit on personal injury cases. You also must have seen a doctor for your injuries, as you need proof of your suffering.
Once you have done this, here are the steps you need to take –
- Inform your employer of the accident – This is crucial. All employers are required to have an accident book by law, and they will need to record the incident in it.
- Hire a no-win no-fee* solicitor – This is what Accident Advice Helpline can assist with. We are one of the top law firms in the country. With more than 15 years of experience, you can be confident that we have handled cases similar to yours many times before. All of our solicitors work on a no-win no-fee* basis too, which presents you with many benefits.
- Keep proof of expenses – You need to keep proof of any costs you have encountered as a direct result of your accident. This includes the likes of travel costs, loss of income, prescription expenses and counselling costs.
Accident Advice Helpline
Our helpline numbers are 0333 500 0993 from a mobile or 0800 689 0500 from a landline. Lines are open 24/7, so you can call us any time.
You can try the 30 second test on our website. With just a few clicks, you can find out whether you’re eligible to claim.
Or you can text ‘Claim365’ to 88010.
We are ready and waiting to help you with the process of claiming after an accident at work in Tonbridge and Malling.