How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Claiming after an accident at work in Thanet

    Personal Injury Solicitors in Thanet

    Workplace accident claims differ from other personal injury claims in the sense that you are going to be claiming against the person you work for. This is something that concerns a lot of people. They fear that it could ruin their career if they claim against their boss, as they feel they may be sacked or that future problems could arise. This is something you should not panic about.

    If you have been injured, and your employer is to blame, they will acknowledge that you deserve compensation and they will have an insurance plan in place to cover the costs. After all, they are required to have this by law. In this post, we are going to answer some more of your questions about claiming after an accident at work in Thanet. Read on to discover more.

    Claiming after an accident at work in Thanet

    • How long do I have to make a claim? You have three years to make a claim. This starts from the date of the accident. Three years may seem like a long time, but there really is no time to wait. Not only do court proceedings need to be issued within this time frame but you will find it a lot easier to claim the sooner you do so. There are not many exceptions to the rule, apart from injuries that have developed over time so pinpointing an accident date is not possible. A prime example of this is industrial hearing loss. In such cases, you have three years from the date of your diagnosis instead.
    • Do I need to tell my employer about the incident and the claim or shall I just wait for him/her to receive a letter from my solicitor? It is always advisable to inform your employer of what has occurred. Not only is this the proper way to act but your employer is required to have an accident book by law. They need to record all injuries and illnesses in here, so it is vital that you inform them.
    • What can I claim for? You are probably aware of the fact that you will receive compensation for your injuries, which is based on the severity of them and the impact they are going to have on your day-to-day life. Aside from this, you can claim for all other costs that have occurred because of your injuries. This includes the likes of prescription expenses, travel costs, childcare costs, loss of earnings and counselling expenses.
    • How do I make a claim? This is the easy part. All you need to do is give Accident Advice Helpline a call on 0333 500 0993 from a mobile or 0800 689 0500 from a landline.

    Date Published: 20th September 2015

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.