How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Claim for an accident in a public place

    If you need to claim for an accident in a public place you need legal advice

    Members of the public need to be vigilant on public pavements and roads as budget cuts could lead to poor maintenance checks of the country’s footpath network. As the quality of pavements deteriorates, it is expected that there could be a rise in the number of trips and falls by members of the public, which in turn could lead to an increase in the number of accident claims against local councils.

    Councils have said that the mechanism for routine checks on the pavements and roads are still in place and that pavements would be maintained to a high standard and that the public should not be concerned. However, in recent years, the amount of excessive rain and periods of ice and snow have lead to a deterioration of the pavements and roads and there is concern among some groups.

    Historically, councils have not had a good record in maintaining some of the roads and pavements and when innocent members of the public have fallen or tripped and injured themselves then councils have been quick to defend themselves by saying that members of the public should be more aware and keep an eye out for uneven pavements that could cause injury. The real fact is that it is the councils that have a duty to provide safe paths for people to walk on and if they do not for whatever reason then they must expect to receive a claim for an accident in a public place.

    Making a claim for an accident in a public place

    Enter Accident Advice Helpline; an independent company specialising in helping all who have been injured as a result of negligence by local authorities or indeed any other party who thinks they can simply avoid their responsibility to individuals who have been victims of their negligence. We are here to help you make a claim for an accident in a public place.

    So what should a member of the public do if they have an accident such as a trip or a fall as a result of a risen paving slab on a local council’s footpath? Probably one of the most important things is to get photographic evidence of the paving slab that was raised that they tripped on.

    Open Claim Calculator

    It would not be beyond the scope of individuals working in local council’s to fix the paving slab before any insurance accident claims can be brought to court. There have been cases where this has happened and the proof required to bring successful insurance injury claims is inadequate or missing. Fortunately, in this modern day and age, most mobile phones have a decent camera on them that will provide the necessary photographic evidence.

    We are more than willing to connect victims of council negligence to one of our solicitors all of whom are experts in compensation law and can quickly assess the likelihood of a successful claim being mounted by the potential claimant. A phone call is all it takes to start the ball rolling. You can give our team a call today on 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile to discuss things in more detail.

    Date Published: 24th January 2013

    Author: Rebecca Smith

    Category: Accident in a public place

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.