If you have been hurt on the job, you may think that it will be easy for you to claim against an employer in Coventry, but unfortunately, this is rarely the case. While your employer may be keen to help you get back on your feet, their insurance company may be reluctant to process your claim and pay you the compensation you deserve.
Here are just a few things you can expect from your employer’s insurer after your accident at work:
- They may blame you – The first thing the insurer may try to do is pin the blame on you. They may say you failed to follow health and safety procedures or assumed the risk of the dangerous activity you were participating in. By doing this, they may be able to avoid footing the bill for your claim.
- They may blame a third party – They may allege that you should hold a manufacturer, contractor, subcontractor or other third party responsible for your injuries.
- They may delay processing your claim – The insurer may stall the claims process by delaying their investigations into the cause of your accident.
- They will not want to accept responsibility on behalf of your employer and they certainly will not want to pay out for your claim.
- They may refuse to respond to your requests for information – In extreme cases, the insurer may even go so far as to refuse to disclose the documents you need to investigate your accident at work in Coventry. If this happens, you may struggle to recoup the full value of your claim.
Why you need to hire a solicitor to claim against an employer in Coventry
In most cases, your employer and their insurer will have a team of solicitors working to limit the amount of compensation that you may claim for your accident. If you want to grant yourself the best possible chance of receiving the compensation you deserve, you will therefore need to call Accident Advice Helpline. Our knowledgeable solicitors will stand up for your rights and look out for your best interests, ensuring that you and your family do not end up out of pocket.
Accident Advice Helpline
With over 15 years of helping people to get the compensation they deserve, Accident Advice Helpline are the best choice to help you claim against an employer in Coventry.
You just need to speak to our professional advisors and they can tell you over the phone if your accident qualifies. You must call within three years, and you must be able to provide proof that you consulted a doctor about your injuries.
So if you were not to blame for your accident find out today if we can make a no win, no fee claim for you. Call us on 0800 689 0500 from your landline or on 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.
Date Published: 24th December 2014
Author: Jan Newell