How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Law firm in Clackmannanshire

    Finding the right doctor for your surgery and how to claim compensation through a law firm

    If you have to have surgery of any description, you will want to make sure that you find the right doctor to handle it. When your health is in their hands, you should be sure that they are experienced and professional, and have a good track record in the sort of surgery you are going in for. In some cases you will not have a choice, but as it is your body you should always be able to have an option when it comes to who performs your surgery. But how can you know what you should be looking for, and how to get the surgeon for you?

    • Ask your own doctor. When you speak to your own doctor about the surgery, ask them for recommendations for who to go to for your surgery. Sometimes you will be referred right away, and in this case your doctor will choose the best specialist for your situation or injury.
    • Do your research. Look online for local clinics and hospitals which provide the surgery you need, and then look for reviews, comments and complaints towards this hospital. This will tell you all you need to know.
    • Speak to the surgeon direct. Before your surgery, ask for an appointment with the surgeon to talk about what is going to be done, what the risks are and how you can expect to feel after surgery. Not only does this put your mind at ease, but it also helps you to work out whether you are happy with this person or not.
    • Walk around the hospital. You can always base your decision on the hospital that your doctor works at. If you find it unclean, unfriendly or simply worrying, you can always decide not to have your procedure there.

    A law firm in Clackmannanshire at Accident Advice  Helpline

    If something goes wrong during your surgery, and you feel that your surgeon has been negligent in some way, you may wish to contact a law firm in Clackmannanshire to talk through what happened and find out about making a compensation claim. It is easier to go through a law firm in Clackmannanshire than to try to claim on your own, as a law firm in Clackmannanshire will have more experience with this sort of claim.

    You can also try calling Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile to find out more about making a claim for compensation and get help deciding whether you want to proceed with a claim of your own. If you do then you will be passed over to an in-house experienced injury lawyer, who can handle your case on your behalf.

    Date Published: 5th July 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.