Church Village Accident at Work


The Health and Safety at Work Act requires your employer to protect your health, safety and welfare while you are at work. If your employer fails to fulfil their legal obligations under this Act, you will be able to take legal action against them. It is not always possible, or necessary, to file a claim against your employer, but it is advisable to obtain advice on your legal rights. Your initial consultation with the trained claims advisers here at Accident Advice Helpline will not cost you a penny, and we hope that it will allow you to make an informed decision about whether or not to pursue a 100% ‘no win, no fee*’ claim through our work accident specialists.

The Church Village accident at work claims procedure

Once you have instructed us to file a Church Village accident at work claim on your behalf, we will send a Letter of Claim to your employer’s insurers. Under court rules, we must grant the insurer three months in which to investigate your claim and either admit or deny causing the accident that led to your injuries.

If the insurer admits liability straight away, we will arrange for you to attend a medical examination with a specialist in your area. The instructed doctor will then produce a report that is legally binding. Once we have received the report, we will send you a copy and discuss its content with you to ensure that you are completely satisfied with its accuracy. Only then we will send it to the insurer and use it to negotiate the settlement of your claim.

If the insurer denies liability, we will investigate the matter further and decide whether it is in your interests to proceed with your claim. If we determine that you have a reasonable chance of winning your claim, we will send you off for a medical examination and collect other evidence for use in court.

The vast amount of the Church Village accident at work claims we handle settle out of court, without the need for a full hearing. If we are unable to secure you a fair compensation settlement through out of court negotiations, we will issue your claim in court. However, we will only do so following explaining the process to you and addressing all of your concerns.

Understandably, you may worry that your employer may treat you unfairly for taking your claim through the courts. However, if you suffer ill treatment at the hands of your employer, you may be able to make a separate compensation claim through an employment lawyer.

Call Accident Advice Helpline free on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone for free, no-obligation advice about making a claim.

  • Was this Helpful ?
  • Yes   No

How much you could claim?

Two QUICK ways to find:
  1. Call us at 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile OR
  2. Use our Claim Calculator

Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

Claim Calculator
Find out in 30 seconds how much YOU could claim...
  • Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Terms and Conditions*Required

Can I Claim?

Esther says "The law states that if you’ve been injured and someone else is to blame, you are entitled to compensation." Read more >

Claim Calculator ► Accident Types ►

How Much Could I Claim?

It only takes 30 seconds to find out how much compensation you could receive. Take the 30 second test now.>

30 Second test ► Claim Form ►

Why Choose Us?

"When they say they are 100% no-win, no-fee*, they mean it. I would recommend Accident Advice Helpline to anybody." Read more >

No-Win, No-Fee*? ► Testimonials ►

Claim Now

"They were ever so professional ... they knew exactly what I was going through ... I received over £4500." Read more >

Claim Form ► Call Me Back ►
Is there anything wrong with this page? ( Help us Improve )