Cherwell accident at work claim


Most Cherwell, accident at work claims are made due to the negligence of the employer. Many employers either do not fully understand their obligations under the health and safety regulations set out by the HSE, or they fail to be fully compliant in some way. When this occurs they not only face higher insurance premiums due to a compensation claim, but they could potentially face prosecution from the Health and Safety Executive (HSE).

To be compliant and not face a Cherwell accident at work claim for compensation they must:

  • Have an up to date health and safety policy, the contents of which all employees must know and understand
  • Have regular fire drills
  • Record accidents in the companies accident book
  • Any serious injury must be reported to HSE
  • Ensure the workplace is kept clean and free from obstruction
  • Make sure all machinery is in a good working state and properly maintained, and ensure all operators are properly trained in its use

These are just some of the numerous regulations your employer must follow to avoid facing a Cherwell accident at work claim for compensation, as failure to do so means any accident resulting in injury could be deemed to be their fault on the grounds of negligence.

If you’re unsure of what rules and regulations apply to all employers, and if there are any specific ones that apply to your particular trade, then the HSE website lists all of them, along with who they apply to. Your employer cannot claim ignorance of the rules as a defence, they have a legal responsibility to know them and ensure they are compliant. If they fail in any aspect they could face a Cherwell accident at work claim for compensation.

What should I report to HSE?

HSE must be informed of any serious accidents or injuries. Accidents where structural defects occur, such as a collapsing wall, must be reported, as well as anything that leads to broken bones or the loss of limbs or digits.

They must also be informed about any accident involving hazardous materials, especially ones that could potentially lead to an industrial illness in the future. As a rough guide they say you must report any injury that prevents the victim from doing their job for a period greater than 7 days.

Making an accident at work claim with Accident Advice Helpline

If you have been injured at work, through no fault of your own, then you could be entitled to claim compensation from your employer. In reality, most claims would be either covered by insurance or paid from government funds, employers very rarely have to pay the compensation themselves.

Using Accident Advice Helpline to help with your Cherwell, accident at work claim for compensation will make whole process a lot easier and quicker than trying to make the claim yourself, we will deal with your employers legal representatives for you, and guide you through what may be otherwise daunting paperwork.

If you’re unsure whether you’re eligible to make a claim, contact us today and let our experts help you get the justice you deserve.

  • Was this Helpful ?
  • Yes   No

How much you could claim?

Two QUICK ways to find:
  1. Call us at 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile OR
  2. Use our Claim Calculator

Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

Claim Calculator
Find out in 30 seconds how much YOU could claim...
  • Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Terms and Conditions*Required

Can I Claim?

Esther says "The law states that if you’ve been injured and someone else is to blame, you are entitled to compensation." Read more >

Claim Calculator ► Accident Types ►

How Much Could I Claim?

It only takes 30 seconds to find out how much compensation you could receive. Take the 30 second test now.>

30 Second test ► Claim Form ►

Why Choose Us?

"When they say they are 100% no-win, no-fee*, they mean it. I would recommend Accident Advice Helpline to anybody." Read more >

No-Win, No-Fee*? ► Testimonials ►

Claim Now

"They were ever so professional ... they knew exactly what I was going through ... I received over £4500." Read more >

Claim Form ► Call Me Back ►
Is there anything wrong with this page? ( Help us Improve )