We all have to make a living some how, the lucky ones are able to find employment, while others need to rely on benefits. The really lucky few may have won the lottery or received a windfall. Whatever our situation, when we are at the mercy of others they are required by law to have taken necessary precautions to ensure our safety. This applies to employees and employers, and if you’ve had an accident that wasn’t your fault, you may well be eligible to make a Chepstow accident at work claim.
Your boss has a responsibility to minimise the chance of you ever needing to make a Chepstow accident at work claim
There are several duties your employer is legally required to undertake to ensure the health and safety of their employees. The HSE has a set of rules and regulations designed to help make their responsibilities clear, and make compliance less of a grey area.
As well as HSE’s general health and safety guidelines, there are also many trade specific ones that might also apply to your employer.
Here are just a few of the general ones:
- Regular fire drills
- All accidents should be recorded in the companies accident book
- All machinery and equipment should be properly maintained and safe, and only operated by employees who are trained in its use
- All workspaces should be kept clean and free from obstruction, to minimise the risk of any slips, trips, or falls
- All staff members should be aware of the companies health and safety policies
- Ensure all staff are aware of emergency procedures
- Carry out regular risk assessments, and work to improve the safety and working conditions
- Employers must be well rested, and take defined breaks for certain periods of work
Because of the heavy machinery and plant used in lots of workplaces, quite often any injury sustained while at work is more likely to be severe, with many resulting in a loss of life. If you are involved in any workplace accident that wasn’t your fault then you are more than likely entitled to make a Chepstow, accident at work claim for compensation.
Help from the best
We are here to help you make your personal injury compensation claim. We have over 15 years experience in helping people to make their accident at work compensation claims. A Chepstow accident at work claim is just one of the many different types of claims we have experience in. We have helped many thousands of claimants’ win justice and have an enviable reputation for customer satisfaction.
Our website features the quick and simple 30-second test, which will give you an idea of what your Chepstow accident at work claim might be worth.
You can call one of our friendly advisors on 0800 689 0500 from your landline, or 0333 500 0993 using a mobile.