How much do you know about the causes of accidents in Wokingham? Do you need to find out more? Are you thinking about driving at night? If so, an accident lawyer has some sound advice for you:
Don’t do it.
Why driving at night is dangerous – key causes of accidents in Wokingham
On the face of it, the idea of a night-time journey is quite appealing. There’s less traffic than there would be during the day – considerably less than rush hour.
But the downsides far outweigh this plus point. You can’t see as well during the night as you can when there’s daylight. Your eyes have a much harder job to do.
At this point, you might be thinking, “but there are street lights”. Well, yes. But street lights illuminate a small area. They will light up a patch of road, but daylight will brighten the entire road ahead – and the sky.Open Claim Calculator
Accidents happen on the road at night. Just ask any accident lawyer in Wokingham – they have to process many claims for injuries sustained in road accidents after dark.
What to do – if you really must
Despite all this, many people still choose to drive at night, and it’s perfectly legal to do so – provided you have your headlights on, of course. Make sure they work properly before you even consider going on a journey at night.
There are other things you need to think about, too.
1) Are you adequately rested? You’ll be under a lot of strain behind the wheel, because it’s a harder job to drive at night, so make sure you have enough rest before setting off. Get some sleep if at all possible.
2) Do you know where you’re going? Familiarise yourself with the route before you go. Make sure you know which junctions to turn off at.
3) Is anyone going with you? Press your passengers into service as drivers, if they’ve got licences and are insured to drive your vehicle.
4) What time do you normally go to bed? Don’t drive when you’d usually be asleep – you will be extremely tired.
5) Take breaks on your journey. Stop at least once every two hours for refreshments. Stretch your legs.
Do you need an accident lawyer?
If you are in a road accident at night, and it’s someone else’s fault (not everyone follows the advice above, sadly), you could be eligible to claim compensation through an accident lawyer in Wokingham.
To make a claim, call Accident Advice Helpline on one of these numbers:
- 0800 689 0500 from a landline
- 0333 500 0993 from a mobile
Alternatively, text “claim365” to 88010 and someone will be in touch.
If you’re eligible to claim, your details will be taken by an adviser and passed to an accident lawyer in Wokingham. They will work on a no-win, no-fee* basis on your behalf. If you win, you’ll receive a payout, which will help you to cope with your expenses and get your life back on track again after your accident.
Be careful when driving at night – and if you need us, please call to find out more about the causes of accidents in Wokingham.