How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Causes of accidents in Stoke-on-Trent

    Are you wondering what are the main causes of accidents in Stoke-on-Trent

    Stoke-on-Trent, a city in Staffordshire is famous because it was (and still is) home to the pottery industries (the area is also known as the Potteries). The firms of Wedgewood, Royal Doulton, Minton and Spode (among others) are all in Stoke-on-Trent and they still contribute to the city’s economy. Pottery tours are popular with tourists as are trips on the Trent and Mersey Canal and the Cauldon Canal. Travelling on a narrow boat can be very relaxing, and much less stressful than driving along main roads in built-up areas. Road traffic accidents can lead to serious injuries, although most just damage paintwork and create dents. Accidents on the roads are one of the main causes of accidents in Stoke-on-Trent.

    Road traffic accidents

    If you have been injured in one of the road traffic accidents, you may still be recovering and wondering if you could make a personal injury compensation claim. There are different types of accidents on the roads, of course, some involving cycles, motorbikes or motorised vehicles, and these might injure pedestrians, drivers and passengers and animals.

    If you have been injured in any type of accident, you must be able to prove that it was not your fault, but the fault of another person. If you were a passenger, then this might be easy to prove, and you could be entitled to make a claim against the driver responsible for the accident. Of course, it is the driver’s insurance company that settles personal injury compensation claims.

    What to do after an accident on the roads

    If you were injured in an accident that involved one or more motorised vehicle, then the police should have been called to the scene of the accident. Drivers are legally obliged to stop after an accident and enquire if anyone has been injured. If they have been, then the police must be called as they have to carry out an investigation into the causes of the accident. They write an accident report on completion of their investigation and this is needed if you are to make a personal injury compensation claim.

    Naturally when a person is injured in a road traffic accident, an ambulance should also be called. A medical report is required if you are to claim for your injuries.

    Open Claim Calculator

    If you need a personal injury solicitor to help you file your potential personal injury compensation claim, you should call us at Accident Advice Helpline, a law firm that works with a team of experts. We should be able to put you in touch with one of these solicitors who works on a no-win no fee basis.

    Accident Advice Helpline

    For information and expert legal advice about your potential personal injury compensation claim, call us at Accident Advice Helpline now as our freephone lines will be open whatever the time or day. You can call 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or from a mobile, call 0333 500 0993.

    Date Published: 30th September 2014

    Author: leva20

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.