How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Car injury

    A child who suffers a car injury, however slight, can be upset and disorientated by the affair. It can also be a distressing time for parents, always there to protect their children from harm. Sometimes, life dictates that this human safety shield cannot always be present, which is the situation of course with road accidents involving youngsters.

    Parents can claim

    Whether a passenger in a vehicle or making their way home on foot from school, car injury accidents to boys and girls can have devastating effects on families, let alone the child. When children are injured in an accident which is no fault of theirs, parents can make a claim for compensation of their behalf. Accident Advice Helpline is available 24/7 on our free-phone number and while we can’t alleviate the immediate pain and misery of your child sustaining a car injury, we can initiate steps which may prove beneficial to his or her future financial stability.

    Car injury

    Mums and dads are sometimes unsure as to whether they can make personal injury compensation claims on behalf of their sons and daughters when they are hurt by others.  The fact is, if your baby, toddler or older child suffers a car injury due to someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to make a claim. Take our 30-second test after calling our free-phone number or take it on-line through our claim calculator device. The accident has to have taken place within the last three years, the person injured is not to blame for it and he or she has received medical treatment.

    A parent or guardian making a claim for compensation on behalf of an injured minor (under 18) becomes their ‘litigation friend’ in law, as our personal injury lawyers will tell you. The Accident Advice Helpline has a network of hundreds of solicitors we work with in the UK and many of these are experienced in child injury compensation claims, all regulated by the Justice Ministry.

    Litigation friend

    The litigation friend has to be independent. In a case where a father was to blame for the car injury accident, they cannot act in this capacity.  However, the mother, a grand-parent or other close relative could take on this role. In such a scenario, it is the insurance company for the father driver that will pay the compensation and not him personally.

    Open Claim Calculator

    In such sensitive cases, both Accident Advice Helpline’s expert advisers and its solicitors will always act sympathetically and respectfully to ensure you don’t have to suffer any unnecessary distress in the claim process against the person or organisation responsible. AAH was set up over a decade ago and we are now one of the major companies in the UK handling the provision of injury claim compensation. Our patron is a founding member of the Childline organisation, veteran campaigner and consumer watchdog, Esther Rantzen.

    Compensation awarded

    It is well to remember that compensation awarded to a child for car injury or any other personal injury is placed in a court fund – essentially, an investment account, which the injured youngster can access when he or she reaches 18. A presiding civil judge may release part of the funds at the time of award settlement or before the child reaches 18, if there are good grounds to do so. These can include funds for educational purposes or to meet needs for medical treatment.

    In the very sad case of your baby or child being injured due to someone else’s negligence, call Accident Advice Helpline now for assistance. Simply call Accident Advice Helpline on their freephone numbers 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.

    Date Published: 26th January 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.