You may not realise you have suffered car crash whiplash in Sheffield until a couple of days after the event. Typically it can take a couple of days for the pain to manifest itself. But if you are involved in any road traffic accident, there are a few things you should do if you have a chance that will help you in the long run if you need to make a claim for compensation for your injuries:
- Take the details of the party who was responsible for causing the accident. You will need the vehicle registration number and their contact details (name, address, phone number etc). If the person leaves the scene, you have any reason to believe that the vehicle is stolen or they do not have insurance, you should contact the police if they haven’t already attended the scene.
- Take the names, addresses and contact numbers of any witnesses to the accident.
- If at all possible, and it is safe to do so, take some photos of the accident site.
You should also, of course, seek medical treatment for any injuries you have sustained, if the accident has resulted in car crash whiplash in Sheffield. Keep hold of any receipts relating to your treatment; for prescriptions and transport to and from your appointments. If you have to pay for additional childcare or help around the home while you are recovering, make sure you obtain receipts for this too – you may be entitled to claim this back as part of your compensation award.
Suffered car crash whiplash in Sheffield? Contact Accident Advice Helpline now
You normally only have three years from the date of the accident that caused your car crash whiplash in Sheffield to make a personal injury claim. This may sound like a long time, but it’s surprising how time will slip by and memories will fade. It’s always worth seeking legal advice as a matter of urgency, therefore. Even if you don’t feel up to starting your claim right away, it’s helpful to know where you stand for a future claim.
- To discuss your claim with no obligation and in confidence, ring our 24/7 helpline on 0800 689 0500 from a landline– or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile;
- Text ‘claim365’ to 88010; or
- Try the 30-second test on our website
Our advisers can tell you in minutes whether we think you have a right to make a claim for compensation. If we think you have good grounds to bring a case, we will not charge you any upfront fee to get your claim started. And we will appoint a ‘no-win, no-fee‘ solicitor to act on your behalf.
Don’t be left disadvantaged by car crash whiplash in Sheffield. Contact us today for free initial legal advice on your rights.