Car crash in Oxfordshire


A car crash in Oxfordshire can happen anywhere

In the town of Bicester in Oxfordshire there has been concern about a roundabout that has been the scene of an increasing number of car accidents. The latest accident occurred earlier in March when a man and woman crashed into the middle of the roundabout that is near the junction of Vendee Drive and had to be taken to hospital. Currently, the Bicester Council is planning to place larger speed limit signs and yellow chevron signs to try to slow the speed of the traffic that goes through the roundabout.

However, some have criticised the plans by suggesting that drivers will ignore the signs as they already do. Both the Oxfordshire County Council member, Les Sibley and Bicester town councillor, Nick Cotter have stated that the best strategy to slow down vehicles is to place “rumble strips” on the road approaching the roundabout. Rumble strips are a road safety device that are installed on roads that cause a vibration and loud rumbling when they are driven over and this alerts drivers to potential dangers they may be encountering such as drifting off into the lane on your side without realising it. They also go by many other names such as audible lines, growlers and sleeper lines. Rumble strips can either be placed in the same direction as the traffic on the edge of lanes or across the direction of the traffic to alert drivers that they need to stop soon or that there is a dangerous spot in the road coming up.

Rumble strips are a common road safety device because they are not expensive and have proven to reduce the number of accidents caused by inattentive drivers. However, the effectiveness of rumble strips has been debated and it has been proven that rumble strips placed in the direction of traffic require other road features to be effective including a wide road shoulder for drivers to recover on. Critics of rumble strips have argued that they create unwanted noise at night and are a danger to cyclists and horses.

A compensation claim with Accident Advice Helpline should be made if you are in a car crash in Oxfordshire; contact them to check your eligibility for a claim.

If I have been in a car crash in Oxfordshire, how do I check if I am eligible for a claim?

A car crash in Oxfordshire can cause immeasurable physical and mental injuries so call or text Accident Advice Helpline to make a compensation claim. Just dial 0800 689 0500 from your land line, or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile now, or text ‘Claim365’ to 88010.

  • Was this Helpful ?
  • Yes   No

How much you could claim?

Two QUICK ways to find:
  1. Call us at 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile OR
  2. Use our Claim Calculator

Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

Claim Calculator
Find out in 30 seconds how much YOU could claim...
  • Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Terms and Conditions*Required

Can I Claim?

Esther says "The law states that if you’ve been injured and someone else is to blame, you are entitled to compensation." Read more >

Claim Calculator ► Accident Types ►

How Much Could I Claim?

It only takes 30 seconds to find out how much compensation you could receive. Take the 30 second test now.>

30 Second test ► Claim Form ►

Why Choose Us?

"When they say they are 100% no-win, no-fee*, they mean it. I would recommend Accident Advice Helpline to anybody." Read more >

No-Win, No-Fee*? ► Testimonials ►

Claim Now

"They were ever so professional ... they knew exactly what I was going through ... I received over £4500." Read more >

Claim Form ► Call Me Back ►
Is there anything wrong with this page? ( Help us Improve )