Many people worry about the entire process of making a car crash injury claim, from how to start a claim and how much it will cost, to whether they will need to appear in court, and being involved in the legal system.
To give you an idea of how the process works and how much you will need to be involved in it, we have provided a step-by-step guide to making a claim for compensation. Obviously each case is individual in nature and circumstances, so the guide below is a general outline to help you make that first step.
Your car crash injury claim
- Have a read through the information on our website to see what we can offer you, and take the 30-second test, which lets you know if you have a legitimate claim. The results are returned immediately, and the test will also estimate the amount of compensation you might receive.
- We operate a 24-hour helpline to allow our customers to call us with queries or niggling problems, at any time of night or day. If you would like to know more about claiming compensation, call one of our advisers who will confirm your eligibility to claim, and help you decide whether this is the right course of action for you. We understand that taking legal action is a big decision, so there will be no hard-sell, or pressure to start a car crash injury claim.
- If you decide to go ahead with a claim, an integral part of our service is recommending the best personal injury lawyer to our customers. We are able to do this due to our nationwide network of specialist legal partners, who all have previous experience of making a car crash injury claim.
- Depending on the circumstances of your accident, you may be able to process your claim by telephone, without the need to visit the solicitor’s office. If any travel in relation to your case is required, however, you can claim back all relevant expenses if you keep the receipts.
- There are no costs to you to start a claim, and if you win you will keep 100% of the compensation. By working on a no win no fee basis, all financial risk is taken away from you, and even if you lose the case there will still be nothing to pay.
- Your solicitor will process your car crash injury claim, dealing with all aspects of your case and representing you in court. Our advisers will keep you regularly updated on progress, and if you have any questions you know that we are available to help you 24-hours a day.
We hope that this short guide will help you take that first step to getting the compensation you deserve. We take all the hassle out of making a car crash injury claim by supporting and advising you throughout the process.
So for expert legal advice about a possible claim call Accident Advice Helpline today on: 0800 689 0500 from a landline or: 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.
Date Published: 8th November 2012