Being involved in a car crash is stressful and upsetting. You may have physical or psychological injuries to cope with. Also, you may be suffering financially as a result of the crash. This may be because you are not able to work at all or to work as many hours as you used to. Perhaps you are struggling to care for your family or have expenses to pay. Many people find that they have many phone calls from the police, solicitors and insurance companies to deal with. This can be confusing and upsetting. What people really need at a time like this is some honest, straightforward advice on how they could make a claim for compensation.
Top 5 things you need to know about making a claim for car crash injuries
- Contact a claims management company like Accident Advice Helpline as soon as possible so that they can guide you through the process. Even if your car crash happened a while ago, it is likely that you can still claim. You can claim for car crash injuries that occurred up to three years ago.
- Tell the friendly, professional advisers the details of the accident and this includes the details of the car crash injuries that you have sustained. Accident Advice Helpline will use a unique 30 second test to help them to work out whether your claim is likely to be successful. You are under no obligation though; you do not have to pursue the claim unless you want to.
- You will be put in touch with one of the national network of legal partners. You will give them further details about your accident and injuries. You do not need to worry about expensive legal fees because the legal partners work on a no win no fee basis so if your case is not successful you do not pay a thing.
- It is a good idea to keep records of any money that you have had to spend as a result of your car crash injuries. This includes money that you have lost by not being able to work and any extra costs that you have had such as paying for extra childcare or for travelling to medical appointments.
- Most claims can be handled over the telephone and very few cases actually end up in court. You may need to attend one appointment with a doctor for a medical assessment. Of course, the exact amount of compensation that you will get cannot be guaranteed as it varies from case to case.
It is important that you feel assured that the claims management company is working in your best interests. Accident Advice Helpline has been helping people with car crash injuries like you for over 15 years and are endorsed by consumer champion Esther Rantzen. You can call the advice helpline 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Date Published: 15th October 2012
Author: David Brown