Making a claim for compensation for a car accident today
Evidence is what is going to help you make a compensation claim. Whatever your situation, it is imperative that you are able to prove that the other party caused your car accident through their negligence.
- Keep a pen and paper on you, if you need to suddenly take someone’s details down then having these to hand will help.
- Or as many of have smartphones these days, make a note on your phone. We advise sending this as an email to yourself just to be sure.
- Remember it is a legal requirement for who ever is involved in car accident to exchange their details.
- Take photos. The scene might be very different a few months later so it is essential that you try and record the scene as it was at the time of your car accident.
- Write detailed description of what happened, often after a traumatic event we want to forget and this can hamper the compensation claim down the line.
- Make a note of any car registration plates, the address of the road and the time of the accident.
- See a doctor as soon as you can. Any medical evidence will be very useful in bringing a compensation claim that is successful.
Remember you have the right not to be impacted on by someone else’s negligent actions and making a claim for compensation is part of you standing up for your right not to damaged. You might well need extensive support form medical professionals after your car accident and it is important that you have the financial support to get your life back on the road. Accident Advice Helpline has many years of experience dealing with extraordinary circumstances which have impacted on people’s everyday lives. Give us a call on 0800 689 0500 or from your mobile on 0333 500 0993 and take advantage of our knowledge. You too can make a start on moving on.