There are times in life when you want a professional to take care of everything for you and if for example you are involved in a car accident you are going to need a good car accident repair centre to get your car back on the road and you back living your life.
If for example you are involved in a car crash and you are not at fault, you may be able to claim compensation for the cost of your repairs at your chosen car accident repair centre. We know it can be a devastating time if your pride and joy has been damaged. Or if the vehicle which is essential for your work and home life is off the road, you don’t want to have any more stress while you sort out where and who is going to repair your car back to its original state before the accident. Take our quick 30 second test to see if you can claim compensation for your accident.
Getting the best car accident repair centre
The good news is that in most cases you are able to use a car accident repair centre of your choice. So if you know a good garage or you need advice as to how to find a well-respected place to get your car fixed and you back on the road, then we can help you with that.
What to do after an accident
It is really important that in the event of an accident you take the time, if you can, to get as much evidence as possible. This will all help greatly in any future claims for compensation or damage to your car or injuries you may have sustained.
Here’s our handy checklist of things to do in the event of an accident:
- Take photos. We live in a world where nearly everyone has a camera phone so even if you don’t have yours to hand or the batteries flat, the chances are there might be someone around who has a phone and can take pictures.
- Take down the name, address and phone number, preferably the home phone number of the other party or parties involved in the collision. You can also ask for their email address as well. The more methods of communication available the better.
- Ask for the details of the other driver’s insurance company.
- Try to find out if they are the registered keeper of the vehicle.
- Take down the names, and contact details of any witnesses.
- Get the registration numbers of all vehicles involved, plus a note of each vehicle’s colour, make and model.
- The time and date of the crash
- A sketch showing the positions of vehicles involved.
- Make a description of the weather conditions, plus anything unusual you notice about the road quality or lighting.
Accident advice helpline can help you right from the start and ensure you get your car to the best car accident repair centre and your claims for compensation processed as soon as possible.
Call us now on 0800 689 0500.
Date Published: 10th February 2013