If you’ve never been in one before, it can be difficult to know what to do in a car accident in Manchester, so we’ve put together this mini guide for you.
What to do in a car accident in Manchester
The first thing to do is to establish if anyone has any injuries and call the necessary emergency services. Remember that the police should be called to all road traffic accidents, no matter how big or small. Secondly, have a look at the damage to the cars involved. If you have a camera phone, take some photographs of the accident scene.
When you’re still at the scene, you will probably be is a state of shock, but there are certain details that you should try and take a note of. This will help any insurance claim you make afterwards. Try and take a note of the following basic details;
- Time and date
- Contact details of other driver(s) involved and any witnesses
- The registration number of other car(s) involved along with the make, model and colour
- Insurance details for other driver(s)
- A full description of what happened
- Did the other driver(s) use indicator lights?
- What was the weather and visibility like?
- Was it dark? Did the other driver(s) use headlights?
- Estimated speed of the cars involved
If possible, write down or try and take mental note of details of the scene
- What type of road was it?
- Where there any relevant road markings?
- Where there any obstructions, for example, parked cars or skips on the road?
After the accident, you need to inform your insurance provider as quickly as possible. Most insurance policies have a set time period in which you must notify them of any accident. If you don’t comply with this, they could potentially refuse to cover you.Open Claim Calculator
What if the accident wasn’t my fault?
If you’ve had an accident that wasn’t your fault, you could be entitled to personal compensation. At Accident Advice Helpline we have specialists in personal injury compensation that have helped thousands of people just like you get compensation when they have been hurt and it wasn’t their fault.
We are also recommended by our long time patron Dame Esther Rantzen, a well known TV personality and champion for UK consumers.
Not sure what to do in a car accident in Manchester? Call us now
If you are not sure what to do in a car accident in Manchester, get in touch with us on 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone and receive free, no-obligation advice on your initial enquiry.
If you have a note of the information listed underneath the above section ‘What to do in a car accident in Manchester’, this will be a huge help.