Car Accident Insurance Process Step By Step
If you wondered how the car accident insurance process works and you need to claim for personal injury, follow our simple step-by-step process
- Check your eligibility online in our 30-second test. It’s in the How Much? box on the top right
- You passed it? Great!
- Complete our quick questionnaire with the details of your accident
- Receive our estimate of what your claim might be worth
- Start your claim online or call 0800 180 4123 and speak to one of our friendly experts
- Most claims can be processed by telephone
Tips to bear in mind for the car accident insurance process
- Our panel of experts analyses the information you give us and finds the most suitable solicitor to take your case
- You may be able to claim for some expenses besides the personal injury claim, so keep your receipts and documentation
- Claimants don’t always have to attend court but you may need to attend one additional medical assessment
- Estimates are just that: they are no guarantee of an amount to be paid
What will it cost me?
- We don’t charge for giving advice prior to starting a claim
- We don’t ask you to pay any upfront fees
- All our solicitors work on a strictly no win no fee* basis
- In most cases, the other side pays the legal fees
- We make fast pay outs of any compensation awards made
Quick facts about Accident Advice Helpline
- One of the UK’s leading experts on the car accident insurance process
- Works in partnership with hundreds of solicitors around the country
- More than fifteen years’ experience in the personal injury claims business
- Endorsed by Esther Rantzen, media personality and consumer champion
- The advice line operates 24/7
- Gives free advice to anyone in need and there is no obligation to proceed
Things to remember
- A personal injury claim is only valid if it was someone else’s fault
- The accident must have happened within three years
- The claimant required medical treatment because of the accident
- The length of time a car accident insurance process takes to completion varies according to the nature of the case.
Most important of all is to take care on the roads. Nobody wants to be the victim of an accident. However, we can’t tell what the other guy is going to do, nor predict the weather or unexpected mechanical failure. We can do much to minimize the risk by keeping our vehicles in top condition, checking brakes and tyres regularly and treating bad weather seriously. If you have any concerns or wish to know more about Accident Advice Helpline, please get in touch.