Car accident injury solicitors are specialised legal professionals who help people that have been injured in car accidents that were not their own fault. They work for legal firms like Accident Advice Helpline who you can call at any time of the day or night.
We all hope that car accident injury solicitors will not be a part of our lives and it can come as quite a shock when they are. Obviously most people know very little about car accident injury solicitors, what they do or how they can help until you have been injured.
What exactly do car accident injury solicitors do?
Car accident injury solicitors are personal injury solicitors who have specialised in claims following car accidents. They know exactly what causes car accidents and know exactly how to prove that someone was liable for your accident – this is called establishing liability.
Car accident injury solicitors deal with car accidents that have been caused by drivers:
- Not concentrating on the road because they are talking on a mobile phone or having a heated discussion with one of the passengers
- Taking their eyes off the road because they are opening a sweet, sending a text or looking for something in the glove apartment
- Not looking properly when they pull out of junctions or join streams of traffic – this is more likely when people are in a hurry
- Not driving appropriately for the weather conditions at the time
- Not adhering to the speed limit for a particular stretch of road – this may be carelessness, recklessness or a lack of knowledge
- Who are driving when they are under the influence of alcohol or drugs – this can include prescription medication that makes you drowsy
Solicitors establish liability by examining information from many sources and these may include:
- Your account of what happened in the accident – you may draw sketches if this helps
- Photographs of the accident scene
- Witness accounts from people who saw the accident – make sure that you collect contact details at the scene
- Details of your injury – including your medical notes which may be requested
These highly specialised solicitors deal with all types of injuries that can follow car accidents. Some of their clients will be in hospital for several months and others will have permanent and life-changing disabilities. Others will have self-limiting conditions such as whiplash or lower back strains. Each case is handled by Accident Advice Helpline with great care and attention and our car accident injury solicitors fight very hard to get as much compensation as they can for our clients.
You may be asked to attend one medical appointment. This will be arranged at a venue that is not too far from your home. Your appointment will be with a medical expert and they will complete a report about your injuries.
If you would like to talk to us about starting a claim, call 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile.
Date Published: 24th June 2017
Author: Jan Newell