You are likely to receive many types of advice following a car accident. Some of it will be more welcome than others! You may find that, suddenly, everyone is an expert in personal injury claims and everyone is trying to tell you what to do. However, there are actually only two pieces of advice that you really need at this point in your life. Firstly, there is some medical advice and secondly there is car accident injury legal advice.
Car accident injury medical advice following a car accident
There are several reasons why you should get some medical advice following a car accident.
- You will be able to get the best advice on how to manage your injury. Some injuries, like whiplash, are best treated by pain killers and keeping moving. If you keep your neck stiff and still you will actually prolong the symptoms rather than easing them. There are also special exercises that you can do which will help to alleviate your symptoms. Other injuries, such as a sprained ankle, are best treated with rest and by keeping the weight off the affected leg for a while. You can only get the correct medical advice for your particular injury by going to see a doctor after your accident.
- You may need some further tests. You may think that you have not broken your arm but your doctor may feel differently. They will also be able to spot signs of complications that you are simply not aware of. Your doctor can send you for x-rays, scans and lots of other tests to make sure that you are receiving the treatment that you really need.
- Your injury will be recorded in your medical notes. This means that, when you start your personal injury claim, they will act as proof that you were injured in the accident.
Car accident injury legal advice following a car accident
If the car accident was not your fault then you definitely need some car accident injury legal advice. Many people in your situation call Accident Advice Helpline. We are a legal firm who have been helping people with car accident injury legal advice for more than 16 years. Here are some reasons why you need that advice:
- If you have been hurt in an accident that was not your fault then you may be entitled to make a personal injury claim. This is a legal process and you can use a legal expert to help you with it. That legal expert is called a personal injury lawyer.
- Your personal injury lawyer at Accident Advice Helpline will give you the best car accident injury legal advice on a no-win, no-fee basis.
Call now and see what we can do for you. The number is 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.
Date Published: 24th June 2017
Author: Jan Newell