The metropolitan borough of Knowsley sits in Merseyside in England and covers towns and districts such as Kirkby, Prescot, Huton, Whiston, Halewood, Cronton and Stockbridge Village. The area is famed for Knowsley Hall and Knowsley Safari Park which are popular with both local residents and visitors.
Due to its location, plenty of people visit Knowsley following trips to surrounding areas. Although Knowsley is considered to be relatively safe, accidents can happen here just as easily as in other parts of the country.
If you’ve been unlucky enough to be involved in an accident whilst out and about then you may want to consider making car accident injury claims in Knowsley. If you make a successful claim, you could be awarded a considerable amount of compensation for your injuries.
You can claim compensation if you meet three criteria:
- The accident wasn’t your fault
- Your injuries needed medical treatment
- The accident happened in the last three years
How to avoid needing to make car accident injury claims in Knowsley
When you are driving a car it is imperative to take certain safety steps to ensure that you stay as safe as you can whilst out and about. Some tips include:
- Always keep a safe distance between you and the vehicle ahead of you. This means that if car in front brakes suddenly you’ll have time to stop.
- Pay close attention to the speed limit and stick to it. Speed limits are in place for a reason and by sticking to them you are ensuring that you’re driving sensibly.
- Adapt your speed in bad weather. During bad weather such as snow, ice, fog and rain you may need to adjust and lower your speed in order to decrease the likelihood of an accident. T
- Keep your car serviced. This includes checking your oil levels and the thread on your tyres.
- Accept that you’ll be stuck in traffic from time to time. Leave extra time and don’t get impatient during traffic jams as this could increase the chances of an accident occurring.
If you, or someone you know, has been hurt or injured, why not contact us in order to discuss your car accident injury claims in Knowsley?
Accident Advice Helpline
We have plenty of experience in handling personal injury claims and we’re often able to help claimants secure compensation for injuries they’ve sustained.
If you would like further advice, or if want to begin a claim, you can contact us on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 if you’re calling from a mobile.
Call now to speak to our personal injury team today!
Date Published: 1st April 2015
Author: David Brown