Greater Manchester is a well-known county in the north west of England with a population of over 2.7 million people. It encompasses one of the largest metropolitan areas in the whole of the United Kingdom comprising of ten boroughs: Bolton, Bury, Oldham, Rochdale, Stockport, Tameside, Trafford, Wigan, and both the cities of Manchester and Salford. Greater Manchester spans 493 square miles and is the second most populous urban area in the UK.
With so many people in the area you won’t be surprised to know that accidents happen regularly ranging from accidents at work, slips on the street or trips in shops and supermarkets. Car accidents can be one of the most traumatic types of accidents as multiple people can get hurt or injured. Making car accident injury claims in Greater Manchester may be an advisable course of action if you’ve suffered an accident which wasn’t your fault.
What can you make car accident injury claims in Greater Manchester for?
There a number of reasons in which you can make a claim and these include
- If another driver caused the accident
- If you were a passenger in any vehicle at the time of the incident
- If you were a pedestrian and you were hit by a motorist not paying attention
- If you were a cyclist or motorcyclist and you were struck by another vehicle
Pedestrians and cyclists are particularly vulnerable during road traffic accidents as they don’t have the protection that someone in a motor vehicle has. Compared to the number of cyclists on the road there can be a higher risk of being injured on a bike than in a car.
Here are some cycling safety tips to try and help you avoid making car accident injury claims in Greater Manchester:
- Always wear light clothing especially at night
- Wear fluorescent clothing if you’re cycling in the dark
- Make sure you always indicate when turning
- Try to make eye contact with drivers at junctions and crossings to ensure they have seen you
- Make sure your bike is fitted with lights at both the front and back
Accident Advice Helpline can help you
If you have suffered an accident and are thinking about making a claim then make sure you contact Accident Advice Helpline. We have over 10 years experience in the business and we’re always happy to help. You can call us from your land line on 0800 689 0550 or from your mobile on 0300 500 0993 and our advisors will be on hand to help you every step of the way.
Call now to make a claim!
Date Published: 28th March 2015
Author: David Brown