Swansea, which is officially known as the city and county of Swansea is a coastal city, and county, in Wales. It is Wales’s second largest city and the UK’s twenty-sixth largest city which means it’s usually a pretty busy place. Swansea lies within the historical county boundaries of Glamorgan and is situated on the sandy South West Wales coast line. The city and county of Swansea had a population of 239,000 at the latest census count in 2011 making it the second most populous local authority area in Wales after Cardiff.
Like other populous areas the roads, especially during rush hour, can be incredibly busy and drivers can become increasingly impatient in these types of situations. If you’ve been injured you may have thought about making a car accident compensation claim in Swansea, and if not maybe you should.
How do I know if I can make a car accident compensation claim in Swansea?
There are three main pieces of criteria you must pass in order to be eligible to make a compensation claim and they are:
- The accident must not have been your fault
- The injury must have needed medical attention
- The accident must have happened in the last three years
If you meet the criteria then chances are either you were the driver of a vehicle not at fault in the road accident, a pedestrian or a passenger in any of the vehicles and you are eligible to make a car accident compensation claim in Swansea. Remember even if the car you were in was at fault if you weren’t driving you can make a claim for your injuries because the accident wasn’t your fault. A lot of people worry that this is claiming directly from the driver who may be a partner, friend or parent, but this isn’t the case, the claim usually gets paid from their insurance company.
Why should you choose Accident Advice Helpline?
- We’ve been in the business for over 15 years so have plenty of experience
- Our solicitors all work on a no-win, no-fee basis so there’s no upfront costs or charges if your claim is lost
- Our solicitors are specialists in the field of personal injury law and don’t just dabble in it alongside divorce law, family law etc
- We are championed by Esther Rantzen who we’re sure you remember from TV
- If you call us from a land line your call will be free
- You can contact us any time of the day
So why delay? Call us from your land line on 0800 689 0500, or if you’d prefer to call from a mobile call on 0333 500 0993. Want us to call you back? If so text ‘Claim365’ to 88010.
Date Published: 26th March 2015
Author: David Brown