Put your claim forward and give yourself a head start with expert help!
Head injuries remain some of the most dangerous and unpredictable injuries that can happen in a road traffic accident. Whilst any injury can cause serious trauma, a head injury can leave the casualty with severe life limiting consequences that may change their lives forever.
If you, or some one close to you, have been the victim of a serious head injury that was caused through no fault of your own in a road traffic accident within the last 3 years’, then you may be unaware that you are legally entitled to claim compensation in the form of your car accident claims in Thanet.
Why are head injuries so unpredictable?
Head injuries can cause serious consequences which may lead to car accident claims in Thanet because:
- Unless the casualty is admitted to hospital and assessed within an hour of the injury occurring, then their condition may deteriorate rapidly and the outcome may be more dangerous
- Any bleeding between the skull and brain tissue can lead to swelling. This in turn leads to excessive pressure building up which can cause brain damage to result, if it continues unchecked.
- Any damage to the head can cause loss of consciousness and concussion which need to addressed and monitored closely
- The spinal cord and spinal column may be compromised in a head injury causing neural damage which can be life limiting
- The airways may become blocked through swelling and bleeding which can compromise a patient’s respiratory functioning
Causes of road traffic accidents
Accidents may occur on the roads due to many factors, not all of which are the fault of the person who has been injured. Injuries may occur not just to the drivers of any vehicles involved, but also their passengers and any pedestrians in the immediate area of the accident.
- Driving at excessive speeds for the road and weather conditions
- Driving without due care and attention
- Driving recklessly
- Driving whilst under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Driving a vehicle that is mechanically unsafe
- Losing control of a vehicle in poor weather conditions
- Driving too close to the vehicle in front causing a rear end shunt
- Driving without informing other motorists of your intentions – failing to look, signal then maneouvre
- Failing to stop, give way or slow down when instructed by road signs
- Driving the wrong way up a one way street or driving on the wrong side of the road
Make your car accident claims in Thanet successful!
By seeking expert claims and legal advice, you can feel reassured that your car accident claims in Thanet is being dealt with professionally. The established law firm, Accident Advice Helpline have over 14 years’ experience of assisting people, who like you, have been injured through no fault of their own to claim their legal right to compensation with car accident claims in Thanet. Call free on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone.Open Claim Calculator