A car accident in Sandwell or anywhere else in the UK is one of the worst types of accidents a person can experience. It can leave you suffering both physically and emotionally.
If the car accident in question was no fault of your own this can make the experience all the more bitter.
If the accident took place in the past three years and caused you to consult a doctor then you may qualify for financial compensation and we strongly urge you to pursue this option as a way to receive some justice for the difficulties you’ve had to face.
Please read on to discover important information related to two common questions we get asked about car accident claims in Sandwell.
What evidence will I need to support my claim?
One of the most common questions we get asked about car accident claims in Sandwell is what evidence will be needed to help process a claim.
In terms of proving the circumstances of the accident and the injuries that resulted you should attempt to collect the following:
- Contact details for any witnesses
- Photos of the scene of the accident
- Photos of the injuries you sustained during the accident
- Insurance provider and policy details
- Any police reports
- Any medical report
If you’ve had to pay out costs as a result of your accident and would like a potential financial settlement to reflect these costs then you should supply evidence of them which could include:
- Prescriptions and receipts for medication
- Receipts if you have paid for medical treatment such as physiotherapy
- Proof of loss of earnings if you have had to take time off work (this could be past payslips and invoices)
- If you’ve had to hire home help or childcare and would like to claim for this then you will need receipts or invoices for these services too.
I don’t have the money to make a claim, is financial help available?
Legal procedures are notorious for being costly so it is no wonder many potential claimants worry about costs.
Although legal aid was scrapped for personal injury cases in the 1990s, financial help is available through the conditional fee arrangement also known as no win no fee. Here you only pay your solicitors’ fees if and when a claim is successful and it is rare that money is needed upfront to start a claim. So with this policy everybody can afford to claim.
The next step
If you want to make a claim but are unsure where to start the best thing to do is to consult experts like us at Accident Advice Helpline for professional advice about car accident claims in Sandwell.
Contacting us is easy, we have a 24/7 helpline you can contact by:
- Calling 0800 689 0500 which is free from a landline;
- Call 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone;
- Alternatively text ‘claim365’ to 88010 and one of our advisors will call you back to discuss your claim.
Date Published: 27th November 2014
Author: David Brown