Collided with another vehicle and stuck in a rut? Unsure how and if you can claim injury compensation? Call the legal experts!
Being involved in a collision on the roads can be a terrifying experience that may leave you with more than just physical scars. Indeed, if you have been injured through no fault of your own, or some one in the vehicle was injured alongside you, then you may suffer from flashbacks and emotional trauma that can take many months to overcome.
However, the law clearly states that it is your legal right to pursue personal injury compensation in the form of a car accident claim in Charnwood, should you be the unfortunate victim of an injury that was caused through no fault of your own within the last 3 years. Indeed, the expert law firm, Accident Advice Helpline was established over 14 years ago to ensure that you can receive up-to-date and relevant advice over the phone, whenever you choose to call.
Road traffic accidents
At the scene of a road traffic accident, the most important point to remember is to ensure that your own and other people’s safety are considered. The law clearly states that you:
- Must stop at the scene of an accident that you are involved in
- Whether or not it was your fault
- Whether or not you are injured as a result
- And you must offer First Aid and call for the relevant Emergency Services to attend the scene
It is commonsense to ensure that the scene of a road traffic accident is made as safe as possible to avoid the risk of further accidents or injuries occurring. Therefore, it is recommended that:
- Engines are switched off
- Hazard warning lights are switched on
- Warning triangles are erected and placed at each end of the accident scene to warn approaching motorists of the accident
- Passing traffic is directed by a member of the public who can ensure that it passes freely
- No casualties are moved until the emergency services arrive, unless fire is present
- Providing CPR is the only reason that a motorcyclists helmet should be removed at the scene, otherwise leave it in place
- First Aid is provided to all casualties
- The incident is reported to the police, ambulance service and/or fire service as required
Making your car accident claim in Charnwood
Making your car accident claim in Charnwood should be an effortless and straightforward process at such a difficult and stressful time. Thankfully, Accident Advice Helpline have a wealth of knowledge of assisting people who have been injured to pursue their car accident claims.
If you prefer to make your car accident claim from the privacy of your own home, why not try their unique 30 second online test?
Your compensation claim for your car accident claim is in your hands. Call the experts and start your compensation claim journey today!
Date Published: 27th November 2014
Category: Location Posts