People wishing to launch car accident claims in Bassetlaw can use the no-win, no-fee* injury claim process that we offer here at Accident Advice Helpline. This service comes highly recommended by the famous former TV presenter and people’s consumer crusader, Dame Esther Rantzen.
Of course, any vehicle can be involved in an accident. The sad fact is that accidents happen daily on our roads, and though it’s difficult to deal with at the time, you can pick up the pieces and come out of the other end.
Procedures regarding car accident claims in Bassetlaw
Any injury victims with car accident claims in Bassetlaw to be raised will need to observe the normal procedure. They are governed by the same principles as any personal injury claim. Before deciding whether or not your claim will be considered valid, you need to think about the following:
- Who was to blame for the incident? To be able to launch a claim for compensation for car accident claims in Bassetlaw, someone other than the injury victim must be to blame for the accident/injury.
- What is the nature of your injury? Only significant injuries, or injuries that have significant consequences, will be compensated. If you did not require medical attention, you will be unable to claim.
- When did the accident/injury take place? To qualify within the current statute of limitations, any car accident claims in Bassetlaw must be made within three years.
- You will require medical proof in order to substantiate the nature and severity of the injury for which you are claiming compensation.
What to do at the accident scene
When it comes to the gathering of information at the scene of the road traffic accident, it is useful to:
- Make a note of the names and addresses of the drivers of any other vehicles that were involved in the accident.
- Make a note of the registration details of any other vehicles that were involved in the accident.
- Gather the names and contact details of any witnesses.
- If you are able to, take photographs of the damaged vehicles and the accident scene.
- Note whether there are any CCTV cameras in the area that might have recorded the accident.
- If anyone has been injured, call the police, and if necessary, any other emergency services.
How much might your claim be worth?
The easiest way of finding out how much compensation could be awarded for any car accident claims in Bassetlaw is to take our 30-second test. It’s very straightforward and user friendly and can be made use of by anybody without any obligation.
Calling the team
Accident Advice Helpline also provides a 24/7 helpline service, which can be accessed from any landline on 0800 689 0500, or, if using a mobile, 0333 500 0993. Your call will be treated in confidence. Why not get moving with your case today?