What to do after a car accident in Chesterfield
If you’ve suffered injuries in a car accident in Chesterfield, you may have grounds to claim compensation if the accident was someone else’s fault. However, any legal case requires strong evidence to back it up. There are certain steps you can take to improve your chances of winning your case. The main one is to appoint a legal firm with the right experience and resources to present your claim in the strongest possible light. Accident Advice Helpline is just such a firm. With over a dozen years of successfully operating in the personal injury field of law, we have the expertise you need to see your case through to a successful conclusion.
Other handy tips in the aftermath of an accident are:
- If you get a chance immediately after the incident, you should take photos of the scene, or ask someone else to do so. Also, draw up a written record as soon as possible after the accident of your recollections of the series of events, with rough sketches if photos are not available.
- You should also record the contact details of any witnesses to the crash, because their evidence could be vital in supporting your claim.
- Keep records of your medical treatment, including receipts for any money you have to pay out, for example for prescriptions or travel costs. You may be able to claim this back in due course.
- Ensure that the police are informed, especially if you have any concerns about criminal activity leading to the crash, such as drink driving, or if you think the other party involved may not have insurance.
Can I still claim for a car accident in Chesterfield if the other driver isn’t insured?
Generally, yes. All car insurance companies in the UK contribute annually to the Motor Insurers’ Bureau. The money they put into this organisation is made available to the victims of uninsured or untraceable drivers in the event of accidents.
I think I may be entitled to claim. How do I contact AAH to discuss my car accident in Chesterfield?
It’s easy to contact us, and you can do this from the comfort of your own home. To discuss your claim with no obligation and in confidence:
- Ring our helpline on 0800 689 0500 – or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile;
- Text ‘claim365’ to 88010; or
- Try the 30 second test on our website
If you need expert help and support to make a claim for compensation after a car accident in Chesterfield for which you weren’t to blame, you can call us any time of the day or night for free legal advice. Our friendly, trained advisers will talk you through the process and it may be easier than you think to get the compensation you deserve.
Date Published: 30th August 2014
Author: David Brown