Claiming compensation after a car accident in Camden
If you’ve had a car accident in Camden, one of the most important pieces of advice we can give you is to keep records of everything relating to the accident. If you’re eligible to make a claim for compensation, this evidence will be important for your solicitor to present the strongest possible case; and also to secure you the settlement you deserve.
What kinds of evidence should I keep?
Essentially, anything that demonstrates that another party was responsible for causing your car accident in Camden; and any paperwork relating to the injuries you have suffered.
This may include:
- Your account of the accident. As soon as possible after the incident, you should note down in detail what happened and why. If you or someone you were with managed to take photos of the scene, keep these. Also, photographs of your injuries can sometimes be helpful.
- A copy of the police report, if the police attended the scene. In some instances, the attending officer may have stated in his report who was responsible.
- The names and contact details of any witnesses to the accident.
- Notes of medical treatment or appointments you have had to attend because of your injuries. Also keep receipts for things like prescriptions, taxi fares and any other expenses you may have incurred, like additional childcare costs or home help.
When should I contact a solicitor about my car accident in Camden?
You usually have three years to make a personal injury claim after an accident that wasn’t your fault. However, it’s advisable to seek legal advice as soon as possible after the accident, even if you don’t intend to make a claim right away. Your legal representative will be able to tell you whether you have grounds to make a claim. They will advise you on what additional records to keep so that they can put forward a strong case on your behalf.
Accident Advice Helpline can advise you for free on all this. All you have to do is get in touch. Our experience means we can help you claim with minimal stress and worry to you.
- Our helpline numbers are 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile. We’re open 24/7, so you can call us any time.
- You can try the 30 second test on our website. With just a few clicks, you can find out whether you’re eligible to claim.
- Or you can text ‘Claim365’ to 88010.
After a car accident in Camden, you can struggle through on your own. Or you can come to an expert legal firm like Accident Advice Helpline, who will ensure you get the compensation you deserve for your injuries. If you have any questions about the process of claiming or what you might expect to receive in damages, why not give us a call today? We’re always ready to help.