Lots of people injured at work do not make a claim against their employer. They do not always realise just how big the employer’s responsibility is to ensure the safety of all its employees, and provide a safe environment for them to carry out their duties. If you’re unsure of your entitlement to make a Canterbury accident at work claim for compensation, then why not get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline to find out exactly where you stand.
Why should I make a Canterbury accident at work claim?
Every person has the right to go to work and feel safe in his or her place of employment. The HSE has spent decades refining its rules and regulations to ensure you needn’t go to work worrying about whether you will have an accident. Unfortunately not all employers are aware of all the rules and regulations, or they just choose to ignore them.
Your employer must:
- Keep all walkway clear from obstruction
- Keep all staff informed about emergency procedures
- Have a known first aid representative that is properly trained
- All employees must be aware of the contents of the company’s health and safety policy
- They must ensure all machinery is working correctly
- All guards and safety devices must be installed
- All accidents should be recorded in an accident book, with the more serious ones being reported to the HSE
- They should perform regular fire drills
- All essential protective clothing should be provided to the relevant people free of charge
While work place accidents and fatalities are still reducing every year, largely due to the efforts of HSE in conjunction with big employers, there are still far too many accidents and fatalities happening in the workplace.
Will it damage my employer if I claim?
It is a legal requirement for all employers to have the necessary insurance in place for its employees and the general public. Their insurance company, and not the company itself, will deal with any claim you make.Open Claim Calculator
If you have suffered at the hands of an accident that wasn’t your fault, then you should not feel guilty or be scared to make a Canterbury accident at work claim. A safe working environment is one of your rights, if they fail to provide it then you should exercise your right to claim.
By contacting Accident Advice Helpline to help you make your Canterbury accident at work claim, you will be taking the best first step. Our specialists and advisors are all friendly, professional, and above all else, on your side.