Caldicot accident at work


If you have been injured at work through no fault of your own, whether as a result of a manual handling accident, a collision in a company vehicle, or a slip, trip or fall, you may be considering making a 100% ‘no win, no fee*’ claim for compensation through the legal team here at Accident Advice Helpline.

If you can prove that your accident occurred due to your employer’s negligence, it is highly likely that you will have a valid Caldicot accident at work claim.

Start your Caldicot accident at work claim before it is too late

If you were over the age of 18 at the time of your Caldicot accident at work, the general rule is that you have three years, starting from the date of your accident, in which to bring your claim against your employer. If you have not settled your claim, or issued court proceedings, by the third anniversary of your accident, you will not be able to receive compensation for your injuries.

There are some exceptions to the three-year rule, but they are not easy to meet. If you were not aware of your injury until some time after the date of your accident, the three-year period will not start until you first had knowledge of your injury.

If you were under the age of 18 at the time of your Caldicot accident at work, the three-year time limit will still apply to your claim. However, rather than having three years from the date of your accident, you will have three years from the date of your 18th birthday in which to start your claim. You must therefore settle your claim, or start court proceedings, before you turn 21 years of age.

Talk to our experts today

Although there are time limits in which you must commence court proceedings for your Caldicot accident at work claim, you do not have to wait a set period of time before you can start your claim. In fact, if you suffered your accident today, you would be within your rights to start your claim today! One of the main advantages of filing a claim immediately after your accident is that it will be easier for your legal team to collect all the evidence they need to successfully prove your claim.

If you have any questions or concerns about starting a claim against your employer, please call our Freephone helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone and speak to one of our friendly claims advisers, or get in touch with us via our 30-second test.

  • Was this Helpful ?
  • Yes   No

How much you could claim?

Two QUICK ways to find:
  1. Call us at 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile OR
  2. Use our Claim Calculator

Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

Claim Calculator
Find out in 30 seconds how much YOU could claim...
  • Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Terms and Conditions*Required

Can I Claim?

Esther says "The law states that if you’ve been injured and someone else is to blame, you are entitled to compensation." Read more >

Claim Calculator ► Accident Types ►

How Much Could I Claim?

It only takes 30 seconds to find out how much compensation you could receive. Take the 30 second test now.>

30 Second test ► Claim Form ►

Why Choose Us?

"When they say they are 100% no-win, no-fee*, they mean it. I would recommend Accident Advice Helpline to anybody." Read more >

No-Win, No-Fee*? ► Testimonials ►

Claim Now

"They were ever so professional ... they knew exactly what I was going through ... I received over £4500." Read more >

Claim Form ► Call Me Back ►
Is there anything wrong with this page? ( Help us Improve )