How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Calderdale accident claims

    Accident Advice Helpline often helps with launching Calderdale accident claims for injuries relating to medical negligence. Whilst many people tend to think only in terms of conventional medical treatments and procedures when they think of medical negligence, (which is sometimes referred to as clinical negligence), it also encompasses dental procedures and treatments.

    The various types of medical negligence claims

    In broad terms the different types of categories for medical negligence claims include:

    • GP negligence
    • Hospital negligence
    • Pregnancy and birth issues
    • Late diagnoses issues
    • Incorrect diagnoses injuries
    • Incorrect prescription injury
    • Dental negligence

    Medical negligence claims can be quite complicated and dealing with the NHS and local authorities can be quite tricky, therefore it is important to work with a specialist injury claim solicitor who know the ropes – someone like Accident Advice Helpline.

    The patients legal rights

    According to the NHS constitution all patients have certain legal rights, which include:

    • Access to health services
    • Access to professional quality care
    • To partake in nationally approved treatments, drugs and programs
    • The right to be treated with respect
    • The right of consent
    • The right to confidentiality
    • The right to have an informed choice
    • Unfettered access to complaints and redress

    If you have been denied any of these rights, or your rights have been infringed, you may well be entitled to claim compensation.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Do not let the NHS dictate the terms

    When something does go wrong, whether or not your rights have been denied or infringed, or you have suffered from a wrong diagnosis, a delayed diagnosis, or an incorrect prescription; whatever the nature of your injury, you should make a complaint to the source of said injury. However, we would always recommend that you should also appoint your own choice of specialist injury claim solicitor to act on your behalf.

    Why it is in your best interests to appoint your own injury claim solicitor

    It is not in your best interests to simply accept any offers of information, or suggestion of compensation directly from the NHS or their insurers. With all due respect, both parties will be interested in keeping their costs as low as possible, whereas your own injury claim solicitor will always seek the maximum amount of compensation available in direct proportion to the nature and severity of the injury you suffered.

    Launching Calderdale accident claims for medical negligence via Accident Advice Helpline

    Going up against a big organisation like the NHS may appear to be a daunting prospect to many people. To us here at Accident Advice Helpline however, it is part of what we do. Our ‘no win, no fee’ services (as recommended by consumer champion Esther Rantzen), are here for anyone with Calderdale accident claims for medical negligence to launch, and for people with medical or clinical negligence claims from anywhere here in the UK.

    Make a start by utilising the free, 30 second, HOW MUCH calculator on our website. If you need help, call our free helpline on 0800 689 0500 from any landline, or 0333 500 0992 from any mobile.

    Date Published: 2nd June 2014

    Author: Howie

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.